Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• locally executing phoronix

Hello All,

I am new to phoronix and would like to execute phoenix-test-suite locally on a Linux server. I find a lot of stuff regarding networking but would like to know if I can execute without accessing internet - is this possible?

Thank you for any help.

You need the Internet initially at least to download the test meta-data and needed test files (unless you first download to another compter and copy over) but after that you don't need Internet to run the tests.
    Michael Larabel
    http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Michael,

Thank you for the reply.
      Can you provide a simple example of how to do this? I can only find information on using phoronix-test-suite as a network-oriented use? Would I just upload the meta-data and test file(s) to a local directory and then direct the phoronix-test-suite to use?

I appreciate the help.

Comment

Originally posted by compsci2011 View Post
        Michael,

Thank you for the reply.
        Can you provide a simple example of how to do this? I can only find information on using phoronix-test-suite as a network-oriented use? Would I just upload the meta-data and test file(s) to a local directory and then direct the phoronix-test-suite to use?

I appreciate the help.
        Well the most trivial way is with a system having Internet access, run all the Phoronix Test Suite install commands you want, then just cp -va ~/.phoronix-test-suite/ that to your system offline. It's been covered in several other forum threads too if searching about PTS network or download cache, also mentioned a bit in documentation.
        Michael Larabel
        http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Thank you. I will give it a try.

Comment

Working...
          X