PTS not working under ROCm ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTS not working under ROCm ?

Something seems broken with regard to how ROCm puts the libs in /opt/rocm/opencl/lib/x86_64, but I'm totally new to compiling and have no idea how to fix this to get the PTS tests to install correctly. They all fail with OpenCL not found and similar messages. ld -lOpenCL fails to find it, and with --verbose shows it's only looking in places like /lib and never in /opt/rocm/opencl/lib, even though ldconfig -v seems to show the libraries in that directory. ld -lOpenCL -L /opt/rocm/{etc} does find the lib.

In the article at http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...cl-linux&num=1, the second to last paragraph says:
    ---
    "On a clean installation of Ubuntu 16.04 LTS x86_64 it was very easy to setup ROCm 1.4 and I was quickly off to running OpenCL benchmarks, once making some adjustments to the test profiles in dealing with all of the components being housed in /opt/rocm rather than conventional paths."
    ---
    That "once making some adjustments" seems like a similar thing to what I need to do, but I'm not sure how.

I'm running on the latest ROCm 1.6.1 on Ubuntu 16.04 freshly installed. Help?

Thanks!

I finally got most of the tests to install by putting symlinks in /lib which point to the .so files in /opt/rocm/opencl/lib/x86_64/

I'm running the shoc test now, had to set up an X server on another machine to get the test working, even though it doesn't appear to actually display anything.

Is there any point in posting my results here, or anywhere else for that matter? The rig is Ryzen 5 1600 with Vega Frontier, Ubuntu 16.04 with ROCm 1.6.1.

Comment

Working...
    X