Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing Specific FS Mount Points

Hi all,

I've a number of hosts that have multiple filesystems at different mount points. If I wanted to specifically test one of those file systems how would I direct the test, such as IOZone or tiobench, to only read/write to a specific mount point? I've no problem editing the XML files to do this but any guidance would be appreciated.

You can just edit the ~/.phoronix-test-suite/user-config.xml and joint the Installation/EnvironmentDirectory path to wherever you would like to benchmark.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Thanks for that. I don't know if this is a complication or not but we're managing the tests through phoromatic. I'm assuming we'd have to make the changes on all of the client machines in the user-config.xml found in ~root (which is the user the tests would be running as as this is being run as a service). Is this correct or is there a centralized config on the phoromatic server the clients make use of?

Comment

Originally posted by rapier1 View Post
        Thanks for that. I don't know if this is a complication or not but we're managing the tests through phoromatic. I'm assuming we'd have to make the changes on all of the client machines in the user-config.xml found in ~root (which is the user the tests would be running as as this is being run as a service). Is this correct or is there a centralized config on the phoromatic server the clients make use of?
        Ah okay. That does complicate it a bit, just I haven't implemented any centralized configuration file or so distributed down to clients. If you want to email me ( michael at phoronix.com ) about your group's intended workflow, I can think what might be the easiest or best way to accomplish.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
        X