Change Resolution of Steam Benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change Resolution of Steam Benchmarks

Sorry if this is a question that has been answered before (I searched everywhere but couldn't find it)

I'm trying to change the test-definition.xml file of some steam benchmarks such as Mad Max to run at a specific resolution. By default the test-definition file defines resolution as follows:
    Code:
    <Option>
    <DisplayName>Resolution</DisplayName>
    <Identifier>auto-resolution</Identifier>
    <ArgumentPrefix></ArgumentPrefix>
    <ArgumentPostfix></ArgumentPostfix>
    <DefaultEntry>0</DefaultEntry>
    <Menu>
    <Entry>
      <Name>$VIDEO_WIDTH x $VIDEO_HEIGHT</Name>
      <Value>+gfx_pixResWidth=$VIDEO_WIDTH +gfx_pixResHeight=$VIDEO_HEIGHT</Value>
      <Message></Message>
    </Entry>
    </Menu>
    </Option>
    I want to change this so that there are either exactly three options to run the benchmark
    (ex. 1280 x 720, 1920 x 1080, 3840 x 2160)

or change it so that there is only one option to run the benchmark
    (ex. 1280 x 720)

I tried changing the auto-resolution option to default-resolution and then the benchmark would run at the default display resolution. However, I'd prefer it if the benchmark set the test-resolution rather then letting the user or having a script change the desktop resolution.

Anyone know the tag I would need to use? (I tried things like custom-resolution that didn't seem to work)

Thanks

Why not build a test suite just with the resolutions you want?

E.g.

phoronix-test-suite build-suite madmax
    (Select the 3 resolution optiuons you want, e.g. 3,5,8 as the text input... save it as like mmtest.)

Then just run

phoronix-test-suite benchmark mmtest

Whenever you want to run madmax at those 3 resolutions.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply Michael

From the default resolution options available I only see 1280 x 800. However, I'd prefer the benchmarks to run at 1280 x 720.
      Is there any way to add that resolution option while using the build-suite method?

Comment

Originally posted by Omer259 View Post
        Thanks for the quick reply Michael

From the default resolution options available I only see 1280 x 800. However, I'd prefer the benchmarks to run at 1280 x 720.
        Is there any way to add that resolution option while using the build-suite method?
        Not from within the build-sutie command itself but once you run that command and save your suite, you can find it in ~/.phoronix-test-suite/test-suites/local/ and from there is very trivial to edit the resulting XML.
        Michael Larabel

Comment

Get some network support errors when trying to build the suite. Is there any sample test available that uses fixed resolutions instead of the auto-resolution option that I could reference?

Code:

Enter suite description: Custom resolution options for madmax

[PROBLEM] Network support is needed to obtain pts/photo-sample-1.0.1 data.

[PROBLEM] Network support is needed to obtain pts/phpbench-1.1.1 data.

Thanks

Comment

Nvm the error was occurring because I couldn't connect to openbenchmarking.org.
            Seems to be fixed now and I think modifying suite-definition.xml file to run at the desired resolutions will work for me.

Thanks for the help Michael

Comment

Great, cheers.
              Michael Larabel

Comment

Working...
              X