Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to add new test to Phoromatic GUI Menu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to add new test to Phoromatic GUI Menu?

Hi All,
    I've created a new test and it's listed when I run list-available-tests. However, the new test is not showing up on the list of available tests in the Phoromatic server GUI when I go Test Schedule > Add A Test. I tried restarting the server but it's still not listed. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be very welcome.
    Thanks,
    John

At the moment there isn't a clean, integrated way for purely local tests. The easiest way would be to create an OpenBenchmarking.org account, upload the test to your account, and then it should be accessible via the Phoromatic server area.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Thanks Michael, that's a pity. What's the non-clean process to do this without adding the test to ob.org? Where is the menu being read from?
      Thanks again,
      John

Comment

Ok, I've made some progress with this. I edited the pts.index file under the openbenchmarking.org folder, the men is read from this file. I added my custom test info here and it's now displayed on the list of tests on the Phoromatic GUI. I also added the test itself to the download cache and then ran the test. However, the client complains that there is no test to install.
        Any idea what step I missed?
        Thanks,
        John

Comment

More progress on this. I feel I'm very close but missing some vital step to solve this issue. I’m trying to push a custom test I wrote to a client using Phoromatic server. My server is running on Ubuntu Desktop and all files are located on /home/.phoronix-test-suite. Here’s what I’ve done so far:
          1. Create very simple script to measure how long it takes to ping google.com
          2. Script copied to the download-cache folder and pts-downloadcache.json updated
          3. Correct test xml files and install.sh created, compressed into a zip and copied to openbenchmarking.org/pts – I also updated the pts.index file
          4. New test profile created using the above files and copied to test-profiles/pts
          I can successfully run the test by calling phoronix-test-suite benchmark test-ping, it gives me the correct time measurements. However, when I try to do the same by creating a schedule and running it, I always get an error on my Mac machine saying “No Tests Found for Installation”. It seems like it's not seeing the file saved to the download-cache for some reason.
          Any help on this would be hugely appreciated.
          John

Comment

Did you get anywhere with this? Currently I'm in the same position. I've created the index entry. I have the test definitions located as a zip file in /var/cache/phoronix-test-suite/openbenchmarking.org/pts. I can run the test locally but I can't get the clients to pick up the test and there isn't enough log information to figure it out from there.

Comment

Also, I'd try to do this through an openbenchmarking.org account but I keep getting an unknown error when trying to create it. :|

Comment

Originally posted by rapier1 View Post
                Also, I'd try to do this through an openbenchmarking.org account but I keep getting an unknown error when trying to create it. :|
                An unknown error when doing what command? phoronix-test-suite upload-test-profile?
                Michael Larabel

Comment

During initial registration of the account.

Comment

Originally posted by rapier1 View Post
                    During initial registration of the account.
                    Can you email me (michael at phoronix.com) with what username you are trying to use and ideally your IP address as well? can see what might be happening. Thanks.
                    Michael Larabel

Comment

Working...
                    X