Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I mix debug-benchmark and batch-benchmark?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I mix debug-benchmark and batch-benchmark?

I use batch-benchmark to perform my tests, the goal being to suppress all interactions for test automation.
    I need to have more logs, and what is provided by debug-benchmark is what I expect. But, if I use debug-benchmark, I lose the benefit of batch testing.
    I believe I can find a workaround with environment variables (TEST_RESULTS_NAME, TEST_RESULTS_IDENTIFIER, TEST_RESULTS_DESCRIPTION, PRESET_OPTIONS)

Is there a way to enable debug mode with batch-benchmark?

Originally posted by elnuno View Post
    I use batch-benchmark to perform my tests, the goal being to suppress all interactions for test automation.
    I need to have more logs, and what is provided by debug-benchmark is what I expect. But, if I use debug-benchmark, I lose the benefit of batch testing.
    I believe I can find a workaround with environment variables (TEST_RESULTS_NAME, TEST_RESULTS_IDENTIFIER, TEST_RESULTS_DESCRIPTION, PRESET_OPTIONS)

Is there a way to enable debug mode with batch-benchmark?
    Is there anything particularly from the debug mode that you use the most? As the test logs, etc, could be archived in the test results folder. Debug-benchmark also spews a lot of result parser data and other stuff that isn't as relevant probably for your needs. If you could share what you view as the right verbosity or particular information you desire, I can let you know about the best way to handle it.
    Michael Larabel
    http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

This is due to my particular setup. PTS tests are launched from Lava, and I want to collect as much information as possible in a single file for a possible bug analysis, including command lines, in order to prevent people investigating issues from replaying tests.

Comment

Working...
      X