Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Config file for test execution parameters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Config file for test execution parameters?

Hello,

When the executing a test, are the inputs related to file saving given by a tester saved in a xml config file?
    For example, if if I declare that I want my test results to be saved under the name my_test_results, is this accessible somewhere or is this pure runtime information used by phoronix-test-suite?

Originally posted by elnuno View Post
    Hello,

When the executing a test, are the inputs related to file saving given by a tester saved in a xml config file?
    For example, if if I declare that I want my test results to be saved under the name my_test_results, is this accessible somewhere or is this pure runtime information used by phoronix-test-suite?
    Yes, ~/.phoronix-test-suite/user-config.xml or if root /etc/phoronix-test-suite.xml
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

root, I checked the xml file before and after and I didn't see any difference. Maybe my question was unclear, here is what I did and what I would like to retrieve

Code:
      phoronix-test-suite benchmark pts/systemd-boot-total
      (...)
          Would you like to save these test results (Y/n): Y
          Enter a name to save these results under: my_test
          Enter a unique name to describe this test run / configuration: 
      Systemd Total Boot Time:
          pts/systemd-boot-total-1.0.4 [Test: Total]
          Test 1 of 1
          Estimated Trial Run Count: 1
              Started Run 1 @ 00:14:51

Test Results:

Average: 24520 ms

Do you want to view the text results of the testing (Y/n): n
          Would you like to upload the results to OpenBenchmarking.org (Y/n): n
      I want to retrieve in a xml file a my_test tag. Or, let's do it the other way around, I'd like to pre-set the name of the result file in order to minimize user interactions and easily identify the xml result file for parsing. Is this possible?

Comment

You can do that via environment variables, check out the documentation and all of the env vars are documented.
        Michael Larabel

Comment

Thanks, I found the information related to TEST_RESULTS_NAME in the doc. Once again I'm impressed by your support Michael and by the tool.

Comment

Hello,

I see that, if TEST_RESULTS_NAME is set, name is transformed (lower case, removal of "special" characters). For example, if I set TEST_RESULTS_NAME to TC_X_Y_Z, results will be stored in tcxyz/composite.xml.
            Is there a way to prevent this?

Denis

Comment

Originally posted by elnuno View Post
              Hello,

I see that, if TEST_RESULTS_NAME is set, name is transformed (lower case, removal of "special" characters). For example, if I set TEST_RESULTS_NAME to TC_X_Y_Z, results will be stored in tcxyz/composite.xml.
              Is there a way to prevent this?

Denis
              no there is not a way to prevent this, that is expected behavior.
              Michael Larabel

Comment

Working...
              X