Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to prevent phoronix-test-suite from saving test results?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to prevent phoronix-test-suite from saving test results?

Hello,

I'm a newbie on phoronix-test-suite, trying to integrate some benchmarks in an existing test environment.
    To do so I have to get rid of, as much as possible, interactions with the user during a test execution.

I found how to proceed with PRESET_OPTIONS.
    I'm now trying to get rid of the message "'Would you like to save these test results".
    I found the related piece of code and commented out to move forward, but I guess there is a much cleaner way to do this.
    I also took a look at the default xml config file.

So, my question is: is there a simple way to automatically avoid getting the "'Would you like to save these test results" questions when running a test?

Thanks

Originally posted by elnuno View Post
    Hello,

I'm a newbie on phoronix-test-suite, trying to integrate some benchmarks in an existing test environment.
    To do so I have to get rid of, as much as possible, interactions with the user during a test execution.

I found how to proceed with PRESET_OPTIONS.
    I'm now trying to get rid of the message "'Would you like to save these test results".
    I found the related piece of code and commented out to move forward, but I guess there is a much cleaner way to do this.
    I also took a look at the default xml config file.

So, my question is: is there a simple way to automatically avoid getting the "'Would you like to save these test results" questions when running a test?

Thanks
    Hi & welcome. It's very easy, just use batch-setup/batch-run, it's all outlined further in the documentation.

e.g.

[michael@f25-michael phoronix-test-suite]$ ./phoronix-test-suite batch-setup

These are the default configuration options for when running the Phoronix Test Suite in a batch mode (i.e. running phoronix-test-suite batch-benchmark universe). Running in a batch mode is designed to be as autonomous as possible, except for where you'd like any end-user interaction.

Save test results when in batch mode (Y/n): n
    Run all test options (Y/n): y

Batch settings saved.

[michael@f25-michael phoronix-test-suite]$ ./phoronix-test-suite batch-run the tests you want to run or whatever

Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Thanks a lot for this response Michael.

I tested the batch mode, it is indeed what I expect.
      But still, to setup the batch mode I need to interact with the device under test.

The question is now: can I automate the batch mode setup? I could do it with tools such as expect, but it would be easier to do it inside phoronix-test-suite

Denis

Comment

Thanks a lot for this answer, it does help me.

The next question is the: can I automate the batch-setup, or should I use an external such as expect?
        My tests are run on an embedded software, and I start from a clean file system at each test session.

Denis

Comment

Thanks a lot for this answer, it does help me.

The next question is the: can I automate the batch-setup, or should I use an external such as expect?
          My tests are run on an embedded software, and I start from a clean file system at each test session.

Denis
          Denis,

The batch configuration is stored in the user-config.xml file (or /etc/phoronix-test-suite.xml if running as root). i.e.

<BatchMode>
          <SaveResults>FALSE</SaveResults>
          <OpenBrowser>FALSE</OpenBrowser>
          <UploadResults>FALSE</UploadResults>
          <PromptForTestIdentifier>FALSE</PromptForTestIdentifier>
          <PromptForTestDescription>FALSE</PromptForTestDescription>
          <PromptSaveName>FALSE</PromptSaveName>
          <RunAllTestCombinations>TRUE</RunAllTestCombinations>
          <Configured>TRUE</Configured>
          </BatchMode>

You can simply ship the same user-config.xml file on all systems, does that work for you?
          Michael Larabel

Comment

You made my day Michael. That is fully functional, and I indeed will copy my settings file before testing. I can now deploy and extensively use phoronix-test-suite in my test environment.

I will look at all the other tips and hints, thanks for the support and thanks for the tool

Denis

Comment

You made my day Michael. That is fully functional, and I indeed will copy my settings file before testing. I can now deploy and extensively use phoronix-test-suite in my test environment.

I will look at all the other tips and hints, thanks for the support and thanks for the tool

Denis
              Cheers, test away! Feel free to post if you run into any questions or contact us if you need commercial support or other services. Have a nice day.
              Michael Larabel

Comment

Working...
              X