Clear All

• Can't run 3d tests on Opensuse 11.0

Trying to run doom3-test on my system leads to the following feedback:

######################################
    Doom 3:
    Resolution: 1024 x 768 - Quality: High

Average: 0.00 Frames Per Second
    ######################################

PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/functions/pts-functions_system_graphics.php on line 493

... same result with every resolution- or quality-setting

System
    Opensuse 11.0 x86_64 - Core 2 Quad CPU
    with latest repository-install of php
    using ati radeon driver x1550 with 3d acceleration enabled in sax2

What might be missing?
    thx for help
    Last edited by sysop74; 30 September 2008, 12:10 PM.

Which version of the suite are you running? git or 1.2.2. Also is it on all 3d benches or just doom3?

Comment

And did you copy over the Doom 3 pk3 files, since Doom 3 is a retail game?
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Hello,

the version is 1.2.2

I just only ran install doom3, then run ... Is it so that I have to own doom3 and the other 3D games? That's sad. Didn't know how it was meant to be working at all...

Is there no implementation for Full-Spectrum Warrior - which is free afaik?

Never mind, the phoronix-benchmarks I've seen until now are enough to peel off the (mad) onion's skin ;-)

It's just more fun than running bonnie

Now I've been doing an install-all and will run some tests later, as soon everything is downloaded.

The message appeared in a Java-Suite run as well. (at the moment the machine is downloading - I don't want to break that)
        I'll submit the name of the exact test as soon as I re-ran that suite. I just thought that someone maybe knew the problem ...

thx for the replies
        Last edited by sysop74; 01 October 2008, 02:02 AM.

Comment

I'm not aware of a linux version of Full-Spectrum Warrior thus why it is not in PTS.

For the java suite make sure you have icetea packages installed on your system.

Comment

Yes

My mistake

... sorry I mixed up FSWarrior with America's Army --- AND I found the different suites for gaming and gaming-free.

(scratch the remark)

That's what happens if you're benchmarking too much the day before :-)

----

The testing-machine is meant to be a server for virtualisation. (3D Gaming is not what will be running on it 'often'...)

THX for the tip on java. Icetea is not in the repositories for Opensuse 11.0. Maybe that's the reason...

Has anyone an idea of how to build a virtualisation benchmark? I don't really want to use vmmark buying 23 licences... from redmond

----

For testing I want to run as many test with the machine as I can get. Therefore I started downloading yesterday a complete install. After 8 hours there are all the commercial-games tests on the machine. Maybe I could have excluded them from the total download somehow.
            Last edited by sysop74; 01 October 2008, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sysop74 View Post
              Thx for the tip on java. Icetea is not in the repositories for Opensuse 11.0. Maybe that's the reason...

Sorry, just realize my typo in the previous post it's icedtea not icetea.

Icedtea is in the repo's for opensuse (not on the DVD's though). Enable the OSS and non-OSS repos in Yast--->Software--->repositories.

Comment

found icedtea

You don't want to know what kind of package 'icetea' is ... (laugh)
                :-)

OK icedtea is installed v. 1.7.0

1. java: The message reports: You don't seem to have sun server JVM installed - Performance may suffer

Minor Question: Which server is meant? - Do I have to get that from Sun directly?

2. 3D: 'run nexuiz' Message: 'No protocol specified' : still there are no results

--------------------------
                After a reboot the php-error mentioned above seems to be gone ... Thank you!

'nexuiz' itself is installed on the system and works fine. To test if it would run on the system at all, I installed it entirely.
                Last edited by sysop74; 01 October 2008, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sysop74 View Post
                  You don't want to know what kind of package 'icetea' is ... (laugh)
                  :-)

OK icedtea is installed v. 1.7.0

1. java: The message reports: You don't seem to have sun server JVM installed - Performance may suffer

Minor Question: Which server is meant? - Do I have to get that from Sun directly?

2. 3D: 'run nexuiz' Message: 'No protocol specified' : still there are no results

After a reboot the php-error mentioned above seems to be gone ... Thank you!

'nexuiz' itself is installed on the system and works fine. To test if it would run on the system at all, I installed it entirely.
                  The java message is safe to ignore, in fact icedtea offers better performance.

2. The no protocol error message requires a work around until it can be isolated to what is causing it. If you enter into terminal and type xhost +local: it should work for you.

Comment

php again

OK
                    It's php again

PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/functions/pts-functions_system_graphics.php on line 493

I can't create an xml - report
                    Sorry but it worked in the beginning now it doesn't ...
                    The browser shows jibberish in the test results
                    ----

3d now works with 'xhost local:'

Comment

Working...
                    X