Using Phoronix offline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Phoronix offline

I want to know if there is a way to use Phoromatic/Phoronix test suite offline similarly to the way I would use it when connected online. I want to have phoronix-test-suite loaded on a computer platform and run testing from the CLI (phoronix-test-suite benchmark ______ ) --obtaining necessary files /dependencies from the Phoromatic server (instead of online) and then save results to Phoromatic server instead of upload to Openbenchmarking.org?

I have setup a Phoromatic server and created a separate machine to act as the test computer --but I do not know if there is a way to link with the Phoromatic server from a command line to benchmark/obtain test files and then to save to that server.

Originally posted by tja2test View Post
    I want to know if there is a way to use Phoromatic/Phoronix test suite offline similarly to the way I would use it when connected online. I want to have phoronix-test-suite loaded on a computer platform and run testing from the CLI (phoronix-test-suite benchmark ______ ) --obtaining necessary files /dependencies from the Phoromatic server (instead of online) and then save results to Phoromatic server instead of upload to Openbenchmarking.org?

I have setup a Phoromatic server and created a separate machine to act as the test computer --but I do not know if there is a way to link with the Phoromatic server from a command line to benchmark/obtain test files and then to save to that server.
    You are able to manually copy over files from ~/.phoronix-test-suite/ sub-folders (or /var/lib/phoronix-test-suite/ when root) from system-to-system to any clients to automatically have those test profiles pre-populated. I have experimented in PTS with having the Phoromatic Server automatically/seamlessly distribute its caches, but isn't currently setup in the public repository (and with that, the ability for it to distribute custom test profiles), eventually do want to get back to working on that functionality or if your company or whatever is interested in sponsoring that work or anything alone those lines would be happy to jump on it right away. Let me know if you have any questions here or via michael at michaellarabel.com
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
    X