can't get dota2 pts to run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't get dota2 pts to run

So it seems the script relies on the default Steam library folder, I changed it to my actual library, it tries to load but then complains it can't find Steam?

I change the script to this, am I missing something?
    #!/bin/bash
    # . steam-env-vars.sh
    cd /mnt/storage/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/dota\ 2\ beta/game
    mv -f /mnt/storage/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/dota\ 2\ beta/game/dota/Source2Bench.csv /mnt/storage/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/dota\ 2\ beta/game/dota/Source2Bench.csv.1
    ./dota.sh +con_logfile $LOG_FILE +timedemo pts2 +demo_quitafterplayback 1 +cl_showfps 1 +fps_max 0 -novconsole -fullscreen +timedemo_start 1 +timedemo_end 1000 $@
    cat /mnt/storage/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/dota\ 2\ beta/game/dota/Source2Bench.csv > $LOG_FILE
    Ran it in debug mode and got this output:
    Test Run Command: cd /home/liam/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/pts/dota2-1.0.0/ && ./dota2 -high -w 3840 -h 2160 2>&1

mv: cannot stat '/mnt/storage/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/dota 2 beta/game/dota/Source2Bench.csv': No such file or directory
    Using breakpad crash handler
    [S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
    [S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; unable to locate a running instance of Steam, or a local steamclient.so.
    Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 373300
    Forcing breakpad minidump interfaces to load
    dlopen failed trying to load:
    /home/liam/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/pts/dota2-1.0.0//.steam/sdk64/steamclient.so
    with error:
    /home/liam/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/pts/dota2-1.0.0//.steam/sdk64/steamclient.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    dlopen failed trying to load:
    steamclient.so
    with error:
    steamclient.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    [S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
    [S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; unable to locate a running instance of Steam, or a local steamclient.so.
    failed to dlopen "librendersystemgl.so" error=libudev.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Fontconfig warning: "/mnt/storage/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/dota 2 beta/game/core/panorama/fonts/conf.d/41-repl-os-win.conf", line 148: Having multiple values in <test> isn't supported and may not work as expected
    Fontconfig warning: "/mnt/storage/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/dota 2 beta/game/core/panorama/fonts/conf.d/41-repl-os-win.conf", line 160: Having multiple values in <test> isn't supported and may not work as expected
    cat: /mnt/storage/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/dota 2 beta/game/dota/Source2Bench.csv: No such file or directory
    Why is it looking for "steamclient.so" inside the pts folders?
    Last edited by liamdawe; 24 May 2016, 06:56 AM.

Did you appropriately modify the pre.sh file too?

Once the game launches, you may also need to record a new timedemo, didn't check yet today but generally whenever a big Dota2/Source update is sent down, it breaks compatibility with old timedemos. nevertheless will have a new timedemo uploaded today as well.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

No, where do I find that file? I searched in the entire .phoronix-test-suite folder but it turns up nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by liamdawe View Post
        No, where do I find that file? I searched in the entire .phoronix-test-suite folder but it turns up nothing.
        All of it should be within the ~/.phoronix-test-suite/test-profiles/pts/dota2-xxx for the Dota2-specific files to modify.
        Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

All of it should be within the ~/.phoronix-test-suite/test-profiles/pts/dota2-xxx for the Dota2-specific files to modify.
          I only have 4 files there:
          downloads.xml
          install.sh
          results-definition.xml
          test-definition.xml

Comment

Whoops, was thinking there was a pre.sh script there as well since i had to use it with other Source Engine games but now I remember that Dota2 was different. Not sure why you're running into that library issue but I always use a default install of Steam. I guess I'll see in an hour or so how it's running for me with the latest update, just got up and still finishing article typing but will then be looking to see what's going on with Dota2.
            Michael Larabel

Comment

Thanks, I imagine it is due to me having it in a different install location, but still, with me updating the script (initial post) to the right location, I don't get why it wouldn't find Steam or look in the wrong place.

Comment

Latest test profile (pts/dota2-1.1.0) has fixes for using the latest Steam/Dota2.... It was broken for me again too, no surprise, since it's once of the reasons why I hate testing with Steam when they are constantly changing. The workarounds I made in my test profile also might help you. Vulkan is also now exposed as an option.

phoronix-test-suite openbenchmarking-refresh # needed if you ran PTS in past 24 hours so it goes and sees there's new tests available on Openbenchmarking.org

phoronix-test-suite benchmark dota2

works fine on my end as long as it shows pts/dota2-1.1.0 on the screen. rather than pts/dota-1.0.0.
                Michael Larabel

Comment

I just installed pts and the dota2 run fails. The game is started but no timedemo is run. After some time dota2 is canceled. This happened three times then the output:

Dota 2:
                  pts/dota2-1.2.0 [Resolution: 1920 x 1080 - Renderer: OpenGL]
                  Test 1 of 1
                  Estimated Trial Run Count: 3
                  Estimated Time To Completion: 5 Minutes (14:47 UTC)
                  Running Pre-Test Script @ 14:43:33
                  Started Run 1 @ 14:43:39
                  The test run did not produce a result.
                  Started Run 2 @ 14:44:55
                  Started Run 3 @ 14:46:11

Test Results:

Average: 0 Frames Per Second
                  This test failed to run properly.

What can I do about this?

Comment

Originally posted by mibo View Post
                    I just installed pts and the dota2 run fails. The game is started but no timedemo is run. After some time dota2 is canceled. This happened three times then the output:

Dota 2:
                    pts/dota2-1.2.0 [Resolution: 1920 x 1080 - Renderer: OpenGL]
                    Test 1 of 1
                    Estimated Trial Run Count: 3
                    Estimated Time To Completion: 5 Minutes (14:47 UTC)
                    Running Pre-Test Script @ 14:43:33
                    Started Run 1 @ 14:43:39
                    Started Run 2 @ 14:44:55
                    Started Run 3 @ 14:46:11

Test Results:

Average: 0 Frames Per Second
                    This test failed to run properly.

What can I do about this?
                    What if you run: phoronix-test-suite debug-run dota2