Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Test Suite 1.2 Released

Phoronix: Phoronix Test Suite 1.2 Released

Phoronix Media has announced the release of Phoronix Test Suite 1.2 (codenamed "Malvik"), an update to its leading and award-winning benchmarking software, during the 2008 X Developers' Summit. This update incorporates support for new operating systems and features to better aid ISVs, IHVs, ODMs, and OEMs in profiling their hardware and software for optimal performance and compatibility. In total there are more than 250 official changes with many new test profiles and suites since the release of Phoronix Test Suite 1.0 in June of 2008.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

award-winning
    specifics!

Comment

Well it's receiving the "grantek award for excellence" right now!

Congratulations Phoronix!!

*applause*

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
        specifics!
        Check out the Softpedia award from the PTS awards page on the new site and praise received from the other sites.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

First: Congratz from my side, too!
          Second:
          Didn't want to OT talk in the "Intel Atom Disk Encryption Performance" thread, so I'm telling here:
          I was thinking of a better view of the current "Less/More is better" text. Why not add an arrow on the left side of the benchmark bars pointing down for "less is better" and pointing up for "more is better".
          Example (just hand-drawn to show what I mean):

Well... The arrow should of course be a bit more compact and beautiful, but you should get the point. With that, one can easily see on the first look what results would be optimal, rather than having to read the bad readable "Less/More is better". This should especially help when just looking for short at multiple benchmark images, just to get an idea of what to expect from a specific hardware.

At least that's my opinion, what about the others?

Comment

Great job indeed.

Comment

Working...
            X