Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• network-loopback-1.0.1 issue on CentOS 7

Hello everybody,

Fisrt of all I have to admit that I'm completely new to phoronix test suite and maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I've installed network loopback ran default-benchmark, got an error, and launched again with debug-benchmark

Code:
    /var/lib/phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/pts/network-loopback-1.0.1/network-loopback: line 3: nc: command not found
    so I installed nc (I thought that phoronix would have done that for me since I was running it as root and install gave no errors), anyway

Code:
    yum insatll nc
    ran again in debug

Code:
    Ncat: Invalid -d delay "-l" (must be greater than 0). QUITTING.
    Ncat: Connection refused.
    so I edited /var/lib/phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/pts/network-loopback-1.0.1/network-loopback and changed this line
    Code:
    nc -d -l 9999 > /dev/null &
    to this
    Code:
    nc -l 9999 > /dev/null &
    and now the test is working...

basically I have 2 questions:
    1. is there a way to mass-install all the external test dependencies on the system (via yum) to avoid the "command not found" issues in a very brutal way? Or any preferred linux distro to easily solve all the deps? I need to run some tests on a KVM guest to benchmark different hosts on the virtualized level.. I just want to prepare a vm image to run a batch of tests on serveral hosts (any distro is good if solves dependencies easily).
    2. i think i found an error in the test (see the -d with no argument) where do I spot it out? here on forums? is there a git repo for the tests to propose the changes?

You can report issues here. In general, PTS covers most dependencies it needs and will install them automatically when needed. Network-loopback with nc was just a rare exception that I guess isn't covered right now. Let me know if you run into any other problems when trying the other tests.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Thanks Michael for the prompt reply.

Indeed I just found another test that's not working on my CentOS vm (and tested also on debian with same results)... again maybe I'm missing something here too.. but I suppose from the error that's something inside the test itself.

it's about pgbench (so maybe more correct starting another topic?)
      anyway I get this error:
      Code:
      E: ERROR:  relation "pgbench_branches" does not exist
      no matter the options, the error is always there

in the debug log I see just 2-(3) lines
      Code:
      ERROR:  relation "pgbench_branches" does not exist
      LINE 1: select count(*) from pgbench_branches
                                   ^
      tried googling around and only found someone pointing to "initialize" pgbench with
      Code:
      pgbench -i
      , again I'm no expert here but I suppose that's something done automatically by PTS.

thanks in advance for any advice

Comment

Working...
      X