Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benchmark Results - Sensors

Hello all,

Does anyone know how to get sensor data in the result page/export. Im writing custom tests and i have no idea how to display sensor data in the result. Imagine having a test result, lets say frames per second and below it CPU usage during the same test. Is this possible?

Thanks for help in advance.
    Last edited by djerek.vlado; 13 May 2016, 08:50 AM. Reason: added tags

Originally posted by djerek.vlado View Post
    Hello all,

Does anyone know how to get sensor data in the result page/export. Im writing custom tests and i have no idea how to display sensor data in the result. Imagine having a test result, lets say frames per second and below it CPU usage during the same test. Is this possible?

Thanks for help in advance.
    The sensor monitoring is done separate from the test profile itself, so that for any test you can also monitor whatever sensors you desire. So to get it in the results, simply do something like:

MONITOR=all phoronix-test-suite benchmark whatever-tests

or

MONITOR=cpu.usage phoronix-test-suite benchmark c-ray

if just wanting CPU usage. The MONITOR= environment variable controls what is monitored. Try using MONITOR=all to get an idea for the tests and also phoronix-test-suite system-sensors shows the detected sensors. Let me know if any other questions.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Thanks for the quick replay Michael.

Yes I've tried using MONITOR=all phoronix-test-suite benchmark $TEST but it only displayed the FPS graph in the result. How to get him do display sensor data?
      Also i have another question regarding the custom test. I saw a forum post where someone asked you about displaying local test in the phoromatic suite builder and you said its not possible currently. Is it possible that i import the test manually by copying files, editing xml-s and similar to make it look like it is form the official pst bundle?
      There is a possiblity that I'm not able to upload it to openbenchmarking.org for licensing reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by djerek.vlado View Post
        Thanks for the quick replay Michael.

Yes I've tried using MONITOR=all phoronix-test-suite benchmark $TEST but it only displayed the FPS graph in the result. How to get him do display sensor data?
        Also i have another question regarding the custom test. I saw a forum post where someone asked you about displaying local test in the phoromatic suite builder and you said its not possible currently. Is it possible that i import the test manually by copying files, editing xml-s and similar to make it look like it is form the official pst bundle?
        There is a possiblity that I'm not able to upload it to openbenchmarking.org for licensing reasons.
        Hmmm, so you don't see the sensor data at all on the page of the results? It should automatically, otherwise can you email me the output of your command line and output to michael at phoronix.com ? Also, what distribution are you on and do you have PHP PCNTL support available?

There still isn't support yet for local tests in Phoromatic Server so the only option really is uploading to OB. Or if your company is interested in sponsoring the work, I could work on adding support for custom tests to Phoromatic Server.
        Michael Larabel

Comment

Looks like restarting the bench PC did the trick o.O

Now it seems that when the monitor data is used it cannot seem to parse the app output (FPS numbers) and returns
          Code:
          The test run did not produce a result.

Which is wierd...

Comment

Tried debug-run with and without the MONITOR=all.

When without the MONITOR pts takes every line of output and looks for the key which i can see from the output but when i go with MONITOR it just takes the last line and looks for the key and says that the test did not produce any results.

Do you have an idea why is it behaving this way?

Comment

Bump

Does anyone know about the behavior mentioned in mine post above?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi, sorry I didn't notice this post until now. Using MONITOR should have no impact at all on the result parsing... Doesn't make too much sense as the sensor monitoring is on a separate thread, etc.

Are you using PTS Git? If not, can you try it? Otherwise would you be able to email your test profile to me at michael@phoronix dot com? Thanks; haven't seen MONITOR= causing any issue like this before.
                Michael Larabel

Comment

Working...
                X