PHoromatic server not working after upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHoromatic server not working after upgrade

I upgraded all my clients and my Phoromatic server today, clients did just fine, but after upgrading and rebooting the server, it looks like the upgrade process partially wiped out the database, as my login no longer worked, and after I created a new account, all of my results are gone and my clients won't reconnect to the server. I get a "communication with server failed" error message. On the server side, I get "Notice: Constant PHOROMATIC_DB_INIT already defined in phoromatic_server:312" after starting the server.

To upgrade I ran "git pull" from the directory where I initially cloned the git repository, and then ran ./install-sh and rebooted the system. The clients upgraded without a hitch but something got borked when I upgraded the server :-/

Originally posted by bigbadsubaru View Post
    I upgraded all my clients and my Phoromatic server today, clients did just fine, but after upgrading and rebooting the server, it looks like the upgrade process partially wiped out the database, as my login no longer worked, and after I created a new account, all of my results are gone and my clients won't reconnect to the server. I get a "communication with server failed" error message. On the server side, I get "Notice: Constant PHOROMATIC_DB_INIT already defined in phoromatic_server:312" after starting the server.

To upgrade I ran "git pull" from the directory where I initially cloned the git repository, and then ran ./install-sh and rebooted the system. The clients upgraded without a hitch but something got borked when I upgraded the server :-/
    Hmmm, what OS were you running? What happens if you try restarting the server? When was the last time you upgraded your server? Do you see old data still in /var/lib/phoronix-test-suite/phoromatic/ ?

I do this process very often of just git pull && ./install-sh on my Phoromatic Servers and have never run into any issues.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

This is the first time I have tried upgrading the server since I installed it, but it was running 6.x from the git repository before. Server is running Fedora 23, as are the clients. I've rebooted the server several times , and I tried renaming the /var/lib/phoronix-test-suite/phoromatic/ directory to phoromatic.old and started the server back up and I still get the "already defined" error, and it still won't connect.

Yes the /var/lib/phoronix-test-suite/phoromatic/ folder does contain old data,

Comment

This is the first time I have tried upgrading the server since I installed it, but it was running 6.x from the git repository before. Server is running Fedora 23, as are the clients. I've rebooted the server several times , and I tried renaming the /var/lib/phoronix-test-suite/phoromatic/ directory to phoromatic.old and started the server back up and I still get the "already defined" error, and it still won't connect.

Yes the /var/lib/phoronix-test-suite/phoromatic/ folder does contain old data,
        Hmmm, Fedora 23 is what I run on my most main Phoromatic Server. Will do some playing aorund to see if I can hit this issue in any way.
        Michael Larabel

Comment

So today for the heck of it I just did a complete fresh install of Fedora 23 LXDE spin, updated it, installed PHP, php-cli, php-xml, php-gd, php-posix, and git, cloned the Phoronix Test Suite git tree, went through the setup... And I still get the "[NOTICE] Constant PHOROMATIC_DB_INIT already defined in phoromatic_server:312" error when I start the server, and none of my clients will connect. (Running the "phoronix-test-suite phormatic.connect [address]:8000/[server ID] results in an almost immediate "PROBLEM Communication with server failed")

Comment

If you pull from Git today, is anything different? Just added a check about that PHOROMATIC_DB_INIT but we'll see if that by chance was causing a notice in the output stream that malformed some JSON or something.
            Michael Larabel

Comment

I did try pulling from git today, but it was early this morning. I will give it another shot, if that doesn't work I'm going to give the tarball from phoronix-test-suite.com a try and see if it makes a difference... Seems to only be something wonky with the server - my clients updated without a hitch.

Comment

I did try pulling from git today, but it was early this morning. I will give it another shot, if that doesn't work I'm going to give the tarball from phoronix-test-suite.com a try and see if it makes a difference... Seems to only be something wonky with the server - my clients updated without a hitch.
                Since your earlier message, I added an extra check about ensuring that PHOROMATIC_DB_INIT doesn't get defined multipled times.
                Michael Larabel

Comment

After pulling the latest from git and updating the clients again, it's all back to working :-) Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
                  X