Trying Another Air Cleaner For The Linux Benchmarking PC/Server Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying Another Air Cleaner For The Linux Benchmarking PC/Server Room

Phoronix: Trying Another Air Cleaner For The Linux Benchmarking PC/Server Room

Beyond always thinking about cooling improvements and energy efficiency enhancements for the room where the 60+ systems are carrying out daily Linux benchmarks, I also tend to toy around with ways to minimize dust and ensure clean air. Here's the latest air cleaner I deployed...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That Winix looks exactly like the previous gen Electrolux air purifiers with another plastic shell.

Those units were always highly rated.

Comment

Originally posted by milkylainen View Post
      That Winix looks exactly like the previous gen Electrolux air purifiers with another plastic shell.

Those units were always highly rated.
      Good to know. I hadn't heard of Winix before (obviously familiar with Electrolux) but had seen many good reviews for Winix so decided to give them a shot.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Good to know. I hadn't heard of Winix before (obviously familiar with Electrolux) but had seen many good reviews for Winix so decided to give them a shot.
        I wouldn't be too surprised if Winix was the OEM on this one. Large companies tend to rebrand a lot of stuff. The Electrolux unit was (don't think they are sold anymore) almost two times your quoted price. Large brand = $$$. The Electrolux has a prettier shell.. But for twice the money? Nope, not a chance.

Comment

My bet is that it makes no difference. You need to keep the dust out, not try to vacuum it out of the air. Look at the size of your basement and try to imagine how that little device is going to move dirty air through it's filter first before the dust settles somewhere else.

Comment

Big part of the dust you carry in yourself and comes from your clothes and body. Taking a so called air shower will reduce that a lot.

Comment

Working...
            X