Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found another graphics banchmark for openGL

Ran across this today. Haven't had a chance to check it out yet

Real-time 3D engine / VR platform for Simulation & Training, 3D Digital Twins, CAD, BIM, GIS. 3D graphics and physics library for ะก++ and C# developers.

Don't know how I overlooked this thread before, but yes, Unigine Corp is one of the companies we are actively working with for Phoronix Test Suite support.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      Don't know how I overlooked this thread before, but yes, Unigine Corp is one of the companies we are actively working with for Phoronix Test Suite support.
      Heh, just given ya a hard time. Can't wait to see the new scene.

Comment

Couldn't run it with a Radeon 9600, got this:

Locking assertion failure. Backtrace:
        #0 /usr/lib/libxcb-xlib.so.0 [0xb7192767]
        #1 /usr/lib/libxcb-xlib.so.0(xcb_xlib_unlock+0x31) [0xb71928b1]
        #2 /usr/lib/libX11.so.6(_XReply+0xfd) [0xb71e31bd]
        #3 ./libUnigine_v0.4.so(ExtGetDriverData+0xd0) [0xb7cc3670]
        #1 /usr/lib/libxcb-xlib.so.0(xcb_xlib_lock+0x2e) [0xb719281e]
        #2 /usr/lib/libX11.so.6 [0xb71e2518]
        #3 /usr/lib/libX11.so.6(XFreeGC+0x26) [0xb71be9d6]
        #4 /usr/lib/libX11.so.6(XCloseDisplay+0x5f) [0xb71b7f2f]
        #5 ./libUnigine_v0.4.so(ExtGetDriverData+0x124) [0xb7cc36c4]
        main: ../../src/xcb_io.c:350: _XReply: Assertion `!dpy->xcb->reply_data' failed.
        Aborted

With a Geforce 8600 GTS it runs though, but I had to first increase the resolution, otherwise the screen would just be black. I also had to disable Compiz, otherwise that would mess it up too. Then, at higher resolutions, it would show up but it'd turn all white. This was due to HDR. Turning that off fixed it. Apparently there's a bug which causes HDR not to properly scale and instead lets it escalate to maximum lighting, making the screen almost entirely white.

The sound is also crackly, and when looking through the stained glass window, there was a bright glow so you couldn't really see the objects on the other side of the glass, while when running the Windows binary through Wine you could see objects fine but with the distortion effect.

So, it seems there are some definite glitches in the Linux version, but otherwise, pretty good benchmark software. ^^
        Last edited by Yfrwlf; 05 August 2008, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yfrwlf View Post
          Couldn't run it with a Radeon 9600, got this:

#1 /usr/lib/libxcb-xlib.so.0(xcb_xlib_unlock+0x31) [0xb71928b1]
          #2 /usr/lib/libX11.so.6(_XReply+0xfd) [0xb71e31bd]
          #3 ./libUnigine_v0.4.so(ExtGetDriverData+0xd0) [0xb7cc3670]
          #1 /usr/lib/libxcb-xlib.so.0(xcb_xlib_lock+0x2e) [0xb719281e]
          #2 /usr/lib/libX11.so.6 [0xb71e2518]
          #3 /usr/lib/libX11.so.6(XFreeGC+0x26) [0xb71be9d6]
          #4 /usr/lib/libX11.so.6(XCloseDisplay+0x5f) [0xb71b7f2f]
          #5 ./libUnigine_v0.4.so(ExtGetDriverData+0x124) [0xb7cc36c4]
          main: ../../src/xcb_io.c:350: _XReply: Assertion `!dpy->xcb->reply_data' failed.
          Aborted

With a Geforce 8600 GTS it runs though, but I had to first increase the resolution, otherwise the screen would just be black. I also had to disable Compiz, otherwise that would mess it up too. Then, at higher resolutions, it would show up but it'd turn all white. This was due to HDR. Turning that off fixed it. Apparently there's a bug which causes HDR not to properly scale and instead lets it escalate to maximum lighting, making the screen almost entirely white.

The sound is also crackly, and when looking through the stained glass window, there was a bright glow so you couldn't really see the objects on the other side of the glass, while when running the Windows binary through Wine you could see objects fine but with the distortion effect.

So, it seems there are some definite glitches in the Linux version, but otherwise, pretty good benchmark software. ^^
          A few people have had that issue. From what I've learned from the others it is a driver bug. Switching to a different version of the driver fixes it.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
            A few people have had that issue. From what I've learned from the others it is a driver bug. Switching to a different version of the driver fixes it.
            Oh cool, thanks. Actually the too bright behind the stained glass thing is gone now, guess it just needed a restart of the benchmark program. Only issue left seems to be the crackles in the music now and then but otherwise it's quite nice. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Yfrwlf View Post
              Oh cool, thanks. Actually the too bright behind the stained glass thing is gone now, guess it just needed a restart of the benchmark program. Only issue left seems to be the crackles in the music now and then but otherwise it's quite nice. ^^

PulseAudio is more then likely the culprit for your audio woes.

Comment

Working...
              X