Nexuiz test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nexuiz test

Just installed PTS-0.6 and tried to run the Nexuiz test, however and even though the game is installed on my system, PTS complaints that it is not. Now I tried to see what binary is PTS actually calling, as Nexuiz as installed by the package manager of my distro (Fedora 8) has at least three binaries: nexuiz-glx, nexuiz-sdl and nexuiz-sdl-wrapper, how and where do I change this? The launcher for Nexuiz in the menu points to nexuiz-sdl-wrapper, without making a symlink to "nexuiz" in /usr/bin, what could I do to for example have way to test both nexuiz-glx and nexuiz-sdl performance?

You would change it inside pts/test-resources/nexuiz/install.sh. By default, when doing a local install, it will go with nexuiz-glx.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Well when I tested speed with nexuiz it was different with precompiled binaries or distro specific packages because of 2 things:

a) Debian compiled the binary with debug enabled -> really much slower (I compiled the binary for Kanotix without debug just like the standard release). Please test if Fedora uses debug enabled Nexuiz or not.
      b) A splitted package without music is FASTER than without music, as long as you bench with sound. Because of this I added a specific check for the music, maybe you have to add a different one for Fedora.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
        Well when I tested speed with nexuiz it was different with precompiled binaries or distro specific packages because of 2 things:

a) Debian compiled the binary with debug enabled -> really much slower (I compiled the binary for Kanotix without debug just like the standard release). Please test if Fedora uses debug enabled Nexuiz or not.
        b) A splitted package without music is FASTER than without music, as long as you bench with sound. Because of this I added a specific check for the music, maybe you have to add a different one for Fedora.
        Interesting. I know that Fedora does to a degree build with debugging (I think), but they rely on different packages to actually provide the debug symbols. I'm not sure how different performance of these binaries is compared to the "official" release... I will certainly check as this does gives some incentive to do so

Comment

Working...
        X