Phoronix Test Suite 0.6.0 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lordmozilla View Post
    Just noticed nine inch nails is sharealike, which is incompatible with GPL V3... not going to work
    Though this WAV file isn't distributed with PTS itself but is downloaded externally only with the scripts where the file is needed. Is that still incompatible? (I am no license expert)
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

How is it incompatible with version 3 of the GPL? The content in question isn't software, and Michael would only be doing what the CC license warants: sharing it, with the proper credits.

Comment

I agree, but I am not a lawyer. I can't see anything in the cc by-na-sa license that is incompatible with gplv3 since the file is being distributed separately. As long as the work is attributed and a link to the license given, there's no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by lordmozilla View Post
          And when is the search going to work? Since this would be really useful.
          This week, hopefully.
          Michael Larabel

Comment

As you work with Ubuntu you could add a debian dir to create a Debian package. Also how about supporting default search path for the test data outside home. Of course you need temp space but for the rest you could use data packages like pts-universe-data or so, maybe together with depends if needed. Even when you are able to change that locally in a config file there should be a hardcoded way to search in order to prepare it this way. For the compression files I took my best to remove the need of outputfiles, but it seems you like temp very much - every new test you add has em again.

Comment

phoronix-test-suite/pts/etc/scripts/package-build-deb.php creates the DEBIAN dir when needed, etc. That resulting package should work on Debian and Ubuntu.

I'm still pondering the best way to handle stuff outside of the home setup at present.

Currently when I am working on scripts myself, I am not worrying about the temp output files at present as most aren't too concerned about disk space and I am just focusing on getting PTS up and running properly and being feature-rich before worrying about test script optimizations, but I do happily accept patches.
              Michael Larabel

Comment

The 1.0 release will feature a gui, yes?

I gave up since the 0.2 release since the commands were, well, a bit too confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by Vadi View Post
                  The 1.0 release will feature a gui, yes?

I gave up since the 0.2 release since the commands were, well, a bit too confusing.
                  The GUI has been postponed. Which commands do you find confusing?
                  Michael Larabel

Comment

While not having to cd to the proper folder anymore is really helpful, I find that anything besides pasting the code off the website is just inefficent / hard to figure out.

Just not used to the terminal don't really like it as it's unintuitive and I dislike doing lots of reading to understand something. Buttons/labels are usually a lot easier to figure out, and are very quick to use (just a single click, instead of typing out the proper command again). Also typing "phoronix-test-suite" each time is time consuming.

It looks like it's a great tool, but atm, the missing gui frontend isn't exactly giving a comfortable experience. So I'll be eagerly waiting until there is one.

Comment

Originally posted by Vadi View Post
                      Also typing "phoronix-test-suite" each time is time consuming.
                      Tab completion is your friend

Comment

Working...
                      X