No announcement yet.

How to use Phronix Test Suite ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I install Mem Test, Super P1, Ram test .. Then I navigate to home/shashwat/.phoronix-test-suite and open termianl changed the directory to the same.. and did ./phoronix-test-suite and got error . No directory.. Then I did ./phoronix-test-suite run super-p1 . .Same error//

Comment

Where are you extracting the phoronix-test-suite-0.7.0.tar.gz folder to? You need to run ,/phoronix-test-suite there and not the ~/.phoronix-test-suite user folder. How is it that you're installing those tests? It should all be automatic.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

NO I did manual install as said.. :| Also just 1 question.. Will the version 1 comes with GUI ? I hope with better installer..want.rpm packages too !

Comment

Did you actually try and use the proper test installation method that I mentioned a few posts back? It is almost impossible to do it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Star View Post
            NO I did manual install as said.. :| Also just 1 question.. Will the version 1 comes with GUI ? I hope with better installer..want.rpm packages too !
            RPM packages? I thought you were using Ubuntu.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_fungus View Post
              Did you actually try and use the proper test installation method that I mentioned a few posts back? It is almost impossible to do it wrong.
              Yep the same method no mistakes.. I was using Ubuntu but currently testing Mandriva. So though if this suite works for me then it would be gr8 if put some bechies on the review

Comment

the benchmark is super-pi not super-p1. that could be your mistake.

Comment

I'm just waiting on a gui myself, to avoid all of this confusion. However, the .deb they have is dead easy to install, not sure why did you go the manual way.

Comment

maybe he did not have an apt based distro. An the manual install is really easy :

tar xzvf pts0.xx.tar.gz
                    cd phoronix-test-suite
                    ./install.sh

that's all it is. Not exactly difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Vadi View Post
                      I'm just waiting on a gui myself, to avoid all of this confusion. However, the .deb they have is dead easy to install, not sure why did you go the manual way.
                      I did the same no problem in install but the problem is in using .. btw check my Mandrva Spring Edition review

Comment

Working...
                      X