X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by Kano View Post
    (or did you install 32 bit libs for alsa?)
    Nope no 32-bit libs here.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Well usually in oss mode if you hear one (or did you install 32 bit libs for alsa?) - thats no good comparision. Also I found out that the Debian sid package of nexuiz was compiled with debug and that was much slower than the "official" one. Saidly this was compiled with a too new glibc 2.4 - other games like sauerbraten would work directly with the official packages. Therefore I disabled now the debug mode for the Kanotix repository - you can expect up to 40% speed improvement when you formerly used the sid package (or an unmodified backport).

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by Kano View Post
    Well the nexuiz binary does not run with Debian etch, so I have to use a patch to use a locally installed backport. Also it seems to be wise to use -nosound option, because on 64bit sound does not work due to missing alsa in compatiblity libs.
    Did you apply the latest patch? Sound works fine here.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Well the nexuiz binary does not run with Debian etch, so I have to use a patch to use a locally installed backport. Also it seems to be wise to use -nosound option, because on 64bit sound does not work due to missing alsa in compatiblity libs.
    Last edited by Kano; 03 April 2008, 10:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by Vadi View Post
    Same here, runs fine on my 64bit 7.10.

I hope other distros fix that though.
    Try it on a non Debian based system. The patch should be made official soon for the game and integrated into a new build.

Leave a comment:

• Vadi
    replied
    Same here, runs fine on my 64bit 7.10.

I hope other distros fix that though.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by Melcar View Post
    Nexuiz runs fine on my Gutsy x86_64 system
    That's because your probably running libtool 2.2 or libtool 1.5 with code patched.

Leave a comment:

• Melcar
    replied
    Nexuiz runs fine on my Gutsy x86_64 system

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    pre Nexuiz patch

Post Nexuiz patch

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    I actually have no problems on x64 with Nexuiz and I know others have had no problems either with x64. Have you tried running Nexuiz manually to see if it works?
    Yes it's a known issue with various x64 systems.
    Slamd64, openSUSE, some older versions of Fedora, BlueWhite all have the issue.

Applying the latest patch found here

cures the issue.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X