• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GreatEmerald
    replied
    Originally posted by mum1989 View Post
    great
    Don't forget you can download for free UnrealTournement2014 alpha builds here :
    Again, that's not automatable at this point because you need to be physically present to accept the EULA before it will do anything. Or preseed an INI file, but that's against the rules.

Leave a comment:

• darkbasic
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Hmmm, thanks! Trying now! I didn't see any links or documentation from the demo Wiki page (or bundled with the demos) nor when passing --help, etc, to the binaries.

Looks like I'll need to restart my big GPU comparison again :/

EDIT: Got all the test profiles updated to use the resolution/fullscreen args. Thanks! Now to restart the GPU comparison.
    Did you try the -benchmark option?

Leave a comment:

• gens
    replied
    gj

wanted to say to run benchmarks fullscreen, but i see that is already mentioned

Leave a comment:

• darkbasic
    replied
    Originally posted by michael View Post
    it's really more like pts is getting ready for a regressed-state of benchmarks... Ut2004 worked better for benchmarking than the current ue4 state. Likewise, quake 3 era games worked super well for automation and benchmarking. But those capabilities don't seem to be a focus for devs much as these days.
    lol :d:d:d

Leave a comment:

• eydee
    replied
    It's very nice to see new benchmarks and not xonotic all the time. Good work!

Leave a comment:

• mum1989
    replied
    UnrealTOurnement2014

great
    Don't forget you can download for free UnrealTournement2014 alpha builds here :
    https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...Playable-Build

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by .CME. View Post
    There are command line arguments to switch resolution and fullscreen mode, try "-ResX=1920 -ResY=1200 -fullscreen"
    You can also add -opengl4 to switch to OpenGL 4.3.

You can find more options here: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...nts/index.html
    Hmmm, thanks! Trying now! I didn't see any links or documentation from the demo Wiki page (or bundled with the demos) nor when passing --help, etc, to the binaries.

Looks like I'll need to restart my big GPU comparison again :/

EDIT: Got all the test profiles updated to use the resolution/fullscreen args. Thanks! Now to restart the GPU comparison.
    Last edited by Michael; 14 January 2015, 12:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• .CME.
    replied
    At this time the UE4 demos don't seem to support running with any command-line arguments for specifying windowed vs. full-screen testing, resolutions, or any visual setting adjustments.
    There are command line arguments to switch resolution and fullscreen mode, try "-ResX=1920 -ResY=1200 -fullscreen"
    You can also add -opengl4 to switch to OpenGL 4.3.

You can find more options here: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...nts/index.html

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    That's very nice. Perhaps eventually (when the Alpha is released?) you can have a UT4 benchmark too. (Right now it would work, as there is demo recording and whatnot, but no maps have any meshes yet and it requires you to press the EULA accept button before it shows anything.)

Also, the Effects Cave demo and the Sanctuary demo would also be useful. The former stresses particles and the latter was made for OpenGL ES.

As for those issues, I'm pretty sure Epic would be receptive to any patches that improve the benchmarking capabilities, so if anyone wants and can do it, feel free to send them a pull request.
    Working on communicating the needs/change requests back to the Epic developer who wrote the blog post last year about having PTS support. So will hopefully get improvements made.

Already seeing that due to the windowed mode with no adjustment support for resolution that some of these tests are getting CPU bottlenecked on the higher-end hardware.

Leave a comment:

• GreatEmerald
    replied
    That's very nice. Perhaps eventually (when the Alpha is released?) you can have a UT4 benchmark too. (Right now it would work, as there is demo recording and whatnot, but no maps have any meshes yet and it requires you to press the EULA accept button before it shows anything.)

Also, the Effects Cave demo and the Sanctuary demo would also be useful. The former stresses particles and the latter was made for OpenGL ES.

As for those issues, I'm pretty sure Epic would be receptive to any patches that improve the benchmarking capabilities, so if anyone wants and can do it, feel free to send them a pull request.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X