Build & Run Customization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build & Run Customization

Hello all, sorry if this is somewhere in the documentation and I have missed it, but is there some option to customize
    the build & run options for a particular benchmark? In particular, suppose I want to run the apache benchmark but
    I want to build it with some extra flags in gcc and run apache binary doing a LD_PRELOAD of a module of mine. Is that
    possible without modifying source code directly?

Thanks a lot

Originally posted by nettrino View Post
    Hello all, sorry if this is somewhere in the documentation and I have missed it, but is there some option to customize
    the build & run options for a particular benchmark? In particular, suppose I want to run the apache benchmark but
    I want to build it with some extra flags in gcc and run apache binary doing a LD_PRELOAD of a module of mine. Is that
    possible without modifying source code directly?

Thanks a lot
    Generally speaking, the CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS are honored by the test profile and other build arguments as long as they are honored by the upstream program you're planning to test. Likewise, LD_PRELOAD is honored too. PTS generally doesn't force override any of these important flags.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Thank you very much from the prompt the reply! I did not have a clear view of the test-profile concept. It makes sense now.
      I copied the apache profile from .phoronix-test-suite/test-profiles/pts into local and made the changes there, but when I try
      to run my test (which is successfully listed in list-available-tests), I get the error
      HTML Code:
      The test executable for local/apache-XXX could not be located
      From what I see it is compiled. Any ideas what am I doing wrong or what part of the documentation I am missing?

Thank you again

Comment

Btw I tried to modify the profile parameters directly inside pts/apache-1.6.1 and works as expected but ideally I would like to keep different local configurations
        to perform a series of tests.

Comment

Originally posted by nettrino View Post
          Thank you very much from the prompt the reply! I did not have a clear view of the test-profile concept. It makes sense now.
          I copied the apache profile from .phoronix-test-suite/test-profiles/pts into local and made the changes there, but when I try
          to run my test (which is successfully listed in list-available-tests), I get the error
          HTML Code:
          The test executable for local/apache-XXX could not be located
          From what I see it is compiled. Any ideas what am I doing wrong or what part of the documentation I am missing?

Thank you again
          Is the name of the test script being run called apache?
          Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Is the name of the test script being run called apache?
            Got it! Thank you again for the support (and great work!)

Comment

Cheers, by the way, if it's an interesting test the test is happily accepted upstream.
              Michael Larabel

Comment

Working...
              X