Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix for Windows - small help needed with installation

Hey,

Is there an installation guide for phoronix for Windows? I got Phoronix to work with Linux(steamos) but not with Windows. How do I run the install-sh file with Windows? I have the php5 properly installed. Is the ?Phoronix Test Suite - Generic Package ' the correct package to download for Windows?

Thank you in advance

The installer script isn't supported under WIndows; simply extract the generic package and then run phoronix-test-suite.bat from the extracted directory (of course, after installing PHP for Windows).
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Thanks for your help. When I run the phoronix-test-suite.bat the console gives me message: "The system cannot find the path specified." ( I have php installed ) Do I have to extract the package to a certain place or any idea what might be the issue?

Comment

Hi again,

I modified the batch file little bit and now I get this kind of view

Is this what im supposed to see? How can i list the tests as in Linux? or run them?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Hi,

I modified the batch file a little bit and now it gives me this kind of screen . Is this the screen i am supposed to get? How do i list-tests like in linux and how do I run the tests?

Thanks in advance

Comment

phoronix-test-suite list-tests
            etc....

same commands as on Linux.
            Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              phoronix-test-suite list-tests
              etc....

same commands as on Linux.

Thank you for your time, now its working !

For the first part the path in batchfile had to be modified a little bit and for the second part of problem was me typing incorrect commands.
              Thx again.

Comment

I thing that portable version with standalone php icluded would be much better.. For me is Windows batch fileroken and to be honest i would expect better quality from some sh linux terminal masters..

Could you upload those fixes?

If im right new GUI is still only for Linux users?

Comment

Originally posted by ruthan View Post
                  I thing that portable version with standalone php icluded would be much better.. For me is Windows batch fileroken and to be honest i would expect better quality from some sh linux terminal masters..

Could you upload those fixes?

If im right new GUI is still only for Linux users?
                  Portable PHP isn't included since you can easily install PHP on Windows using the installers at windows.php.net. It works fine whenever I run it. The Windows port is only done as a best-effort in my limited spare time whenever I have a Windows installation around and a need to run Windows tests, until there's any commercial backers for the Windows port.
                  Michael Larabel

Comment

Can you please tell me what are the changes needs to be done in the batch file to make phoronix test suite run on Windows and where to do them?
                    I have installed PHP 5.5.37 and running Windos 7 32-bit.

Comment

Working...
                    X