Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usage of pre, post and interim?

Hello,
    Can anyone explain the purpose of pre.sh, post.sh and interim.sh scripts? I'm particularly intrigued by the interim scripts, which, in the tests where they are present, do the same as post script.
    My current understanding is this - pre runs before the first test run, post runs after the last test run and interim runs between runs (if the are multiple runs). If that is the case, the question arises: If there is no interim.sh, what happens in between runs? Is post.sh executed, or does nothin happen at all?

Originally posted by myxal View Post
    Hello,
    Can anyone explain the purpose of pre.sh, post.sh and interim.sh scripts? I'm particularly intrigued by the interim scripts, which, in the tests where they are present, do the same as post script.
    My current understanding is this - pre runs before the first test run, post runs after the last test run and interim runs between runs (if the are multiple runs). If that is the case, the question arises: If there is no interim.sh, what happens in between runs? Is post.sh executed, or does nothin happen at all?
    Your understanding is correct. If there is no interim, nothing special happens between runs.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Hello!

Reffering to the myxal's question, I am creating my own PTS test for Linux and Windows systems and I want to use pre.sh only for Windows version, is there any configuration to indicate it or always pre.sh affects both of the versions.

Many thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by ffrommel View Post
        Hello!

Reffering to the myxal's question, I am creating my own PTS test for Linux and Windows systems and I want to use pre.sh only for Windows version, is there any configuration to indicate it or always pre.sh affects both of the versions.

Many thanks in advance.
        You can name the file pre_windows.sh and then it will only be used on Windows.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
        X