Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch benchmarking: specifying names and identifiers

Hello,

Is it possible to specify test/user names/descriptions/templates for those in command line while running batch benchmarks?

I have a choice of either running them manually, entering data, or running automatically, with names made out of date/time. Could at least the latter include test name?

I have a list of senseless names after the batch is complete, and have to process them manually to dump to text/whatever format I need, renaming every test (since I can't tell which is which). When there are many tests, it becomes a cumbersome and dull task, nullifying all benefits of batch processing.

Is it a simple 'hack' to insert test name in the above automated test names for batch processing?

Thanks.

Originally posted by temmokan View Post
    Hello,

Is it possible to specify test/user names/descriptions/templates for those in command line while running batch benchmarks?

I have a choice of either running them manually, entering data, or running automatically, with names made out of date/time. Could at least the latter include test name?

I have a list of senseless names after the batch is complete, and have to process them manually to dump to text/whatever format I need, renaming every test (since I can't tell which is which). When there are many tests, it becomes a cumbersome and dull task, nullifying all benefits of batch processing.

Is it a simple 'hack' to insert test name in the above automated test names for batch processing?

Thanks.
    Yes, they can be set (regardless of using batch mode or not) via environment variables. The env vars are covered in the HTML/PDF docs:

Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I can't seem to find the details for automatically naming tests according to date/time, where can I find the documentation?

Comment

Originally posted by MLLL View Post
        I can't seem to find the details for automatically naming tests according to date/time, where can I find the documentation?
        Set it within whatever script/software/wahtever you're using when setting the environment variable.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
        X