Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phoronix 3.8.0 connectivity problems

Hello,

I have installed phoronix test suite 3.8.0 (generic distribution) on CentOS 6.2 system and immediately encountered problems.

Command
    $ phoronix-test-suite list-available-tests

times out with

No tests found. Please check that you have Internet connectivity to download test profile data from OpenBenchmarking.org. The Phoronix Test Suite has documentation on configuring the network setup, proxy settings, and PHP network options. Please contact Phoronix Media if you continuing to experience problems.

However, the connectivity with OpenBenchmarking.org isn't broken, I open it with elinks without problems. Also, the following command registers the system normally:

$ phoronix-test-suite module-setup phoromatic

But I can't load the tests list. Is it a known bug/feature, shall I do anything else before being able to load tests?

Thanks.
    Last edited by temmokan; 19 May 2012, 10:04 AM. Reason: typos

Are you behind a proxy or other weird network configuration?
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      Are you behind a proxy or other weird network configuration?
      Nothing weird. No proxy. PHP curl()/URL fopen() work without a single glitch.
      Also, as I mentioned, the registration on phoromatic.com went successfully, not a single delay/complaint.

Update: temporary switching off iptables doesn't work, either.
      Last edited by temmokan; 19 May 2012, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Some tracing made it clear that in available_tests() method code in the following fragment of pts-core/objects/client/pts_openbenchmarking_client.php

Code:
        if(pts_network::network_support_available())
        {
            $version = array_shift($repo_index['tests'][$identifier]['versions']);
            if(self::download_test_profile($repo . '/' . $identifier . '-' . $version) == false)
            {
                 [B]continue;[/B]
            }
        }
        always calls 'continue', i.e., download_test_profile() always returned false for no apparent reason.

Looks like in my particular case the phoronix test suite (3.8.0) is useless, until the above is solved.

Do I have any options besides debugging the issue myself?

PHP version used is 5.3.10.

Comment

Originally posted by temmokan View Post
          Some tracing made it clear that in available_tests() method code in the following fragment of pts-core/objects/client/pts_openbenchmarking_client.php

Code:
          if(pts_network::network_support_available())
          {
              $version = array_shift($repo_index['tests'][$identifier]['versions']);
              if(self::download_test_profile($repo . '/' . $identifier . '-' . $version) == false)
              {
                   [B]continue;[/B]
              }
          }
          always calls 'continue', i.e., download_test_profile() always returned false for no apparent reason.

Looks like in my particular case the phoronix test suite (3.8.0) is useless, until the above is solved.

Do I have any options besides debugging the issue myself?

PHP version used is 5.3.10.
          Can you try out the Git snapshot: http://phorogit.com/index.php?p=phor...e.git&dl=targz ?

I haven't seen an issue here previously myself. Off the top of my head I would then just think a flaky WiFi connection with lots of dropped packets or not?
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Can you try out the Git snapshot: http://phorogit.com/index.php?p=phor...e.git&dl=targz ?

I haven't seen an issue here previously myself. Off the top of my head I would then just think a flaky WiFi connection with lots of dropped packets or not?
            Exactly the same results (i.e., timeout and no list of tests, although registering at phoromatic works fine). I have erased previously installed phoronox files, including user'.s .phoronix-test-suite directory and reinstalled from the mentioned link.

The server in question is 64u.com's VPS, no specific network filters installed. So no WiFi, nothing of the kind, network isn't at fault. As I said, switching off iptables doesn't help (and, as phoromatic is registered OK, there are no network issues in terms of connectivity, allow_url_fopen is enabled).

I thought it could be the fault of my custom PHP build and tried also installing PHP CLI from repositories. Same result.

Is it possible to enable some kind of debug tracing for phoronix, so it could prnit more information on where exactly it fails?
            Last edited by temmokan; 19 May 2012, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Note: I have installed PTS 2.6.0 on the same VPS and it worked like a charm (with all the missing features, such as inability to provide names while batch processing),

So there are network issues in 3.8.0 core, and my server isn't at fault.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X