Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to do comparsion?

Hello,

I have a nice piece of hw here and I would like to compare it with other Atom based pieces.

I do not understand how PTS portal work. Should I:

A) Run tests first, upload them and then try to compare the stuff, or

B) Find the test I want to compare with and then run the command the portal recommends. ?

I do not understand the workflow.

I am also looking for a suite that is recommended for HTPC hardware. It looks like all suites are either server based or gaming based. What is a good starting point?

Thanks

Originally posted by lzap View Post
    Hello,

I have a nice piece of hw here and I would like to compare it with other Atom based pieces.

I do not understand how PTS portal work. Should I:

A) Run tests first, upload them and then try to compare the stuff, or

B) Find the test I want to compare with and then run the command the portal recommends. ?

I do not understand the workflow.

I am also looking for a suite that is recommended for HTPC hardware. It looks like all suites are either server based or gaming based. What is a good starting point?

Thanks

You can do it either way. Easiest way for a beginner would just be finding test results you want to compare to... e.g. http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1...AR-MERGE774596 and then from the Phoronix Test Suite client just run: phoronix-test-suite benchmark 1202030-AR-MERGE774596 and it's as easy as that.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Thanks and two more newbie questions. I am testing ZOTAC AD10 system (AMD based) and I would like to comare it against several other Atom based htpcs. But when I search for "Atom" it offers me lots of "Comparsions". When I click on it for example

OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

I see several systems, but I would like to create comparsion only with one (Atom 330 in this case). How to do that? I think I am not following the concept.

And - how long takes the "universe" test suite in average? Can I expect one hour, two, six?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by lzap View Post
        Thanks and two more newbie questions. I am testing ZOTAC AD10 system (AMD based) and I would like to comare it against several other Atom based htpcs. But when I search for "Atom" it offers me lots of "Comparsions". When I click on it for example

OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

I see several systems, but I would like to create comparsion only with one (Atom 330 in this case). How to do that? I think I am not following the concept.

And - how long takes the "universe" test suite in average? Can I expect one hour, two, six?

Thanks!
        You could run the 'extract-from-result-file' command (see PDF/HTML documentation) to get rid of other clutter if you don't want to see that. (From a command line there isn't too much of an intuitive way to do it otherwise).

The universe suite takes probably 20 hours or so... For an Atom, probably ~40 hours. There's a hell of a lot of tests. Even as the lead developer of the Phoronix Test Suite, I haven't run the universe suite itself in years. (Though I have done the more insane thing of running 'pts/all' to cover every single test, which takes days on most systems).
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
        X