PTS 3.0.1 on windows 7 ultimate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTS 3.0.1 on windows 7 ultimate

how does one go about invoking pts 3.0.1 on windows 7? i have installed both PHP and IIS. can i invoke it directly from the phoronix-test-suite folder? i ran the windows batch file and said yes to all the questions. here are the errors i get:

Code:
    PS C:\Users\jimerickson\Downloads\phoronix-test-suite\phoronix-test-suite> .\phoronix-test-suite login
    No log handling enabled - turning on stderr logging
    Cannot find module (IP-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
    Cannot find module (IF-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
    Cannot find module (TCP-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
    Cannot find module (UDP-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
    Cannot find module (HOST-RESOURCES-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
    Cannot find module (SNMPv2-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
    Cannot find module (SNMPv2-SMI): At line 0 in (none)
    Cannot find module (NOTIFICATION-LOG-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
    Cannot find module (UCD-SNMP-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
    Cannot find module (UCD-DEMO-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
    Cannot find module (SNMP-TARGET-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
    Cannot find module (NET-SNMP-AGENT-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
    Cannot find module (DISMAN-EVENT-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
    Cannot find module (SNMP-VIEW-BASED-ACM-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
    Cannot find module (SNMP-COMMUNITY-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
    Cannot find module (UCD-DLMOD-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
    Cannot find module (SNMP-FRAMEWORK-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
    Cannot find module (SNMP-MPD-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
    Cannot find module (SNMP-USER-BASED-SM-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
    Cannot find module (SNMP-NOTIFICATION-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
    Cannot find module (SNMPv2-TM): At line 0 in (none)
    The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

On windows you don't type ./phoronix-test-suite. It's a batch file, you would just type phoronix-test-suite openbenchmarking-login (not just login either)

you could type 'phoronix-test-suite.bat openbenchmarking-login' also.

Comment

thanks skeetre! well i have figured out the problem. i had to compile php with dom. now it carries out commands with just the following error:

Code:
      what am i still doing wrong?

Comment

I'm not sure without looking at the files directly. I'll test reinstalling 3.01 on windows when I get home from work today and see if I can get it working. I do still want to compare my windows to linux performance. I'll let you know.

Comment

skeetre
          did you get a chance to look at the files directly? just wondering.

Comment

Yes. I couldn't find this post to reply though.

Michael, hopefully you see this too. I narrowed the problem down to this function:

pts_client::user_hardware_software_reporting();

in the phoronix-test-suite.php, well, actually the pts_client.php file. I commented it out in the phoronix-test-suite.php to stop getting the error messages.

If you say no to hardware and software reporting after accepting the user agreement, I don't think you'll get the errors, but I couldn't find where the settings are saved to change it.

Comment

skeetre
              thanks for your help! settings are stored in ~\.phoronix-test-suite\user-config.xml though changing them did not help with getting rid of the error. neither did commenting out "pts_client::user_hardware_software_reporting( );" in phoronix-test-suite.php. also reinstalling phoronix-test-suite did not help. what am i missing?

Comment

Wow... Well, I got rid of the error messages for just typing 'phoronix-test-suite.bat' on this machine. But when I try to run an actual benchmark, I get the error message 9 times.

It works on my other machine though. I'll have to test some stuff on this one again when I get home today. I did some weird stuff installing it, making a link from c:\users\skeetre to my E: drive because I was almost out of free space on C: so that could be part of my problem.

Are you able to run any of the benchmarks, or do the openbenchmarking-login even with the errors?

Comment

skeetre
                  oops. you are right, phoronix-test-suite.bat does not produce the error now. but running a benchmark or openbenchmarking-login produces the error nine times as you mentioned. maybe micheal will see this and help us out.

Comment

i talked to micheal larabel on #phoronix channel on freenode and he said he has never seen this problem on his end. so i guess we should just be happy it works on our windows machines. let the benchmarking begin.

Comment

Working...
                    X