Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go Benchmark, OpenBenchmarking.org Is Here

Phoronix: Go Benchmark, OpenBenchmarking.org Is Here

In case you didn't figure it out from two exclusive benchmarks appearing on a Saturday morning -- Intel Gallium3D benchmarks and EXT4/Btrfs on the Linux 2.6.38 kernel -- this is to celebrate the availability of Phoronix Test Suite 3.0-Iveland and OpenBenchmarking.org..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I know this is going to fall on deaf ears, but I'll say it once more. The colors are very badly picked on this table and it makes it very hard to read anything. On one side there is too little contrast on the darker columns, and then there is too much contrast between the darker and lighter background colors on the lighter columns. The blue color on the text only makes it even worse.
    Also, isn't it possible to sort the results by performance (or score) instead of latest?

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post

I know this is going to fall on deaf ears, but I'll say it once more. The colors are very badly picked on this table and it makes it very hard to read anything. On one side there is too little contrast on the darker columns, and then there is too much contrast between the darker and lighter background colors on the lighter columns. The blue color on the text only makes it even worse.
      Also, isn't it possible to sort the results by performance (or score) instead of latest?
      I've already said in many threads I am bad with colors, so please suggest specific colors....

Yes, go to the box below that table and you can sort by performance or highlight individual results, etc.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Ok then. I did a quick test in inkscape. First remove the lines, since those aren't needed as the zebra pattern already helps to mark the individual cells and horizontal/vertical alignment. Then replace the darker grey (#949494) in there with #eeeeee. After this change the (now) darker grey to #d2d2d2. It should look something like this:

You could also consider swapping the background colors around on the lighter columns, but judging from the SVG tags that will probably require extra work.

Comment

About the ordering, I meant on the Test profiles page. I can't find an option to order by highest score instead of latest.
          There is also a problem (at least on chromium) where hovering the tabs on the blue box below "overview" the cursor doesn't change to pointer, but to text selection instead. You may want to force "cursor: pointer;" on the style definitions.

Comment

This page says

2.6.26-1-amd64 is a processor. The 2.6.26-1-amd64 has been tested via the Phoronix Test Suite in the configurations listed below.

Then one of the categories is different kernel versions. So it's saying the 2.6.26-1-amd64 processor is tested with Linux kernel 2.6.32-5-amd ?? That doesn't make any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by DeiF View Post
              This page says

2.6.26-1-amd64 is a processor. The 2.6.26-1-amd64 has been tested via the Phoronix Test Suite in the configurations listed below.

Then one of the categories is different kernel versions. So it's saying the 2.6.26-1-amd64 processor is tested with Linux kernel 2.6.32-5-amd ?? That doesn't make any sense.
              Yeah, there's a few words with OpenBenchmarkingorg where the search is going awry. There's many refinements to search forthcoming. In this case the string is being evaluated and the 'amd64' is carrying more weight than numbers, and with not many kernels having 'amd64' in the string, it's matching to a CPU type instead.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                Yes, go to the box below that table and you can sort by performance or highlight individual results, etc.
                Just tested that option. I'm very impressed!! Nive work

Comment

That little blue pi... BOX does wonders!!

Comment

Phoronix Test Suite 3.0 thinks my video card is ATI Radeon HD 5700 1024MB (850/1200MHz), but its a 5770.

Comment

Working...
                    X