We Can Automatically Find Functional Regressions Too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gordy View Post
    Actually it is still a bug. If the driver requires that libdrm be at a certain level then it should check at load time for such a dependency and report back if it detects if you are running an old version. This usually gives the developer/user a clue that an old lib is installed in the LDPATH.
    Given that all packages in this case are simply snapshots of a development trunk I don't think it's a real issue. Plus on a production system you have a package manager to take care of that.

Comment

@ Everyone who criticized Micheal:

Your accusations may be right, but still give some credit to him since he listened to the suggestions from the kernel regression related comments and I think he really tried his best this time.
      Even if this time it was not a real/big bug I'm sure it will be able to find some nasty ones in the future.
      Certainly, this is a step in the good direction.

Keep it up, Micheal!

Comment

Originally posted by HokTar View Post
        Even if this time it was not a real/big bug I'm sure it will be able to find some nasty ones in the future.
        Certainly, this is a step in the good direction.

Keep it up, Micheal!
        Exactly. It counts Michael reported this what was or looked like a bug.

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
          I use Gentoo but I'm sure there are other distros out there that are designed to work well with installing packages generated from source.
          SourceMage and CRUX are 2 other source based distros

Comment

Working...
          X