Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Test Suite 2.4 Is Coming To Windows

Phoronix: Phoronix Test Suite 2.4 Is Coming To Windows

As was eluded to last week, the Phoronix Test Suite will be supported under Microsoft Windows operating systems in the very near future. Version 2.2 "Bardu" of the Phoronix Test Suite is arriving next week, but we will now confirm that version 2.4 will contain initial support for Windows 7 (Windows 7 will be our only focus, but earlier versions such as XP and Vista should work too)...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Windoze should prepare to be kicked in the hind end.

Comment

This is soo awesome!! In my personal and professional life there have been many many times when I wished for a tool like this. Just two notes:

1. Will all retain the same license? and could you reiterate what that will be?
      2. Please include the ability to measure a hardware component's performance against it's contemporary competitors. So that if I'm in the store wondering about some kit I can query the database and see it's performance in comparison to windows, linux, and mac and how that performance compares against the most recent generation of equipment.

As it is now shopping for simple components for linux systems can be a FUD-full experience.

I applaud your great work and impressive vision for this toolkit!

Comment

Code names?

So Phoronix Test Suite 2.2 is "Bardu", 2.4 is "Lenvik". As one who happened to grow up in the municipality of Lenvik (which is in Troms in Northern Norway, not far from Bardu), I wonder why the releases are named after these municipalities... Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by gomyhr View Post
          So Phoronix Test Suite 2.2 is "Bardu", 2.4 is "Lenvik". As one who happened to grow up in the municipality of Lenvik (which is in Troms in Northern Norway, not far from Bardu), I wonder why the releases are named after these municipalities... Anyone?
          All Phoronix Test Suite 1.x code-names are cities/villages/municipalities from S?r-Tr?ndelag county in Norway:

1.0 - Trondheim
          1.2 - Malvik
          1.4 - Orkdal
          1.6 - Tydal
          1.8 - Selbu

And all Phoronix Test Suite 2.x code-names are from (and will be) from Troms county in Norway:

2.0 - Sandtorg
          2.2 - Bardu
          2.4 - Lenvik
          2.6 - _______
          2.8 - _______

That's just the theme for Phoronix Test Suite client codenames are after European cities/municipalities/villages within each generation of PTS (PTS 1., PTS 2.x, PTS 3.x, etc) all being from the same county / state / geographic region. It gives me an additional task to do when traveling is deciding whether the given place could make good codenames too, if I like the area.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            All Phoronix Test Suite 1.x code-names are cities/villages/municipalities from S?r-Tr?ndelag county in Norway:
            1.0 - Trondheim
            And all Phoronix Test Suite 2.x code-names are from (and will be) from Troms county in Norway:
            2.4 - Lenvik
            Cool. When I lived in Norway, the years I didn't live in Lenvik I lived in Trondheim. Since I currently live in Canada, I usually don't see very much reminding me of where I grew up.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
              awesome Phoronix Goes to be the only important benchmark tool.
              Hopefully that will become an undisputed fact with Phoronix Test Suite 3.0 if all my planned features are implemented in there
              Michael Larabel

Comment

finally !!!

I always wanted to benchmark my linux boxes against my Win boxes.

hopefully the tests will be transparent enough that a xyzzy test on linux will be a direct compare on the same box running Win.

Comment

Originally posted by toddbailey View Post
                  finally !!!

I always wanted to benchmark my linux boxes against my Win boxes.

hopefully the tests will be transparent enough that a xyzzy test on linux will be a direct compare on the same box running Win.
                  Anything less than a 1:1 comparison ability will not be accepted into PTS.
                  Michael Larabel

Comment

Phoronix Test Suite 2 4 Is Coming To Windows

maybe you dont have enough access rights to install, try checking for confirmation, k.

Comment

Working...
                    X