• Show
Clear All

• n0nsense
    replied
    I just wonder, why Gentoo's PTS is hard masked

Leave a comment:

• Xheyther
    replied
    I'm concerned about the relevance of windows tests if a compatibility layer like cygwin is used.
    I think a such issue could easily deserve PTS' credibility in the benchmarking (small) world more than a windows version could serve PTS.

Leave a comment:

• geamandura
    replied
    When I saw the news title I was secretly hoping it's new shots from UT3. But, interesting news nevertheless!

Leave a comment:

• kraftman
    replied
    Originally posted by b15hop View Post
    True, because WinXP is still favoured over Vista. From what I can see, Win7 and Vista are very similar... Even though people are raving about the new Win7.
    Win7 uses kernel 6.1 (afaik vista uses 6.0), but they claim it uses kernel 7.0 and number 6.1 is just for compatibility with some apps. Maybe they just forget to change this number to 7.0 and it's just vista kernel?
    Last edited by kraftman; 06 November 2009, 04:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• susikala
    replied
    Man, that OS looks like crap.

Leave a comment:

• marvin42
    replied
    how many of the tests depend on cygwin?

I fear that most of the tests depend on cygwin, so it's that what gets tested and not raw win7. There should be at least an option to disable these tests.

Leave a comment:

• b15hop
    replied
    Originally posted by bogdanbiv View Post
    What about older Windowses (XP mostly, not Vista)? Is there something in PTS tying it to a specific version of windows? I tend to believe that XP is still important for most people - even on new systems.

I think having support for all computing platforms helps PTS to pick up more steam. For example OEMs could use it for checking performance of their products.
    True, because WinXP is still favoured over Vista. From what I can see, Win7 and Vista are very similar... Even though people are raving about the new Win7.

Leave a comment:

• bogdanbiv
    replied
    Support for older Windows versions

What about older Windowses (XP mostly, not Vista)? Is there something in PTS tying it to a specific version of windows? I tend to believe that XP is still important for most people - even on new systems.

I think having support for all computing platforms helps PTS to pick up more steam. For example OEMs could use it for checking performance of their products.

Leave a comment:

• b15hop
    replied
    It's to prove win7 how much faster Linux really is! xD

Leave a comment:

• thefirstm
    replied
    Originally posted by d2globalinc View Post
    I got a very sick feeling when seeing that damn logo and images on Phoronix.. It's too bright and hurts my eyes.. I don't know whats worse, the windows logo or the internet explorer one..

- D2G
    I think the IE one. You can use Firefox on Windows, but IE is a complete piece of sh*t.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X