Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Test Suite 2.2 Enters Beta

Phoronix: Phoronix Test Suite 2.2 Enters Beta

After a three month development period following the release of Phoronix Test Suite 2.0, the first beta release of Phoronix Test Suite 2.2 "Bardu" is now available for all of your testing needs on Linux, Mac OS X, OpenSolaris, and BSD platforms. Phoronix Test Suite 2.2 Beta 1 carries more than 200 changes since the release of 2.0 Sandtorg with many new prominent features being introduced, new test profiles added, and greater usability enhancements. In this article, we will go over some of the key improvements to be found in Phoronix Test Suite 2.2.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hi Phoronix,

Kongrats, and two Questions:

1. Do you anticipate that the OpenGL version of the Heaven benchmark will be released in time for PTS 2.2?

2. Do you intend to use the opensuse build service so that opensuse users can easily install and use PTS 2.2?

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by R3MF View Post
      1. Do you anticipate that the OpenGL version of the Heaven benchmark will be released in time for PTS 2.2?

2. Do you intend to use the opensuse build service so that opensuse users can easily install and use PTS 2.2?

Regards
      1. We will be working with Unigine Corp to time it appropriately. The worst case scenario is that PTS 2.2.1 will be released with unigine-heaven.

2. I thought before I heard it was within the OpenSuSE Build Service already (well, 2.0 or some earlier version). Bring it up with the OpenSuSE Build Service maintainer for the PTS package to get 2.2 in there.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Well, I'd like to test, but I can't get the GUI to work. I use Fedora 11 on AMD64.

Here the error:
        phoronix-test-suite]$ ./phoronix-test-suite gui
        PHP Fatal error: Class 'GtkWindow' not found in /home/x/Desktop/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/objects/gtk/pts_gtk_window.php on line 23

I installed all packages I think, I even compiled this strange php gtk stuff, installed it. But I don't know if the module is loaded or not. It's pretty hard if you need to compile and search for many solutions to get an application running. Isn't there a possibility to get this stuff running without compiling etc?

Thanks.

Comment

Are you running Beta 1? It shouldn't be giving that fatal error but providing a Phoronix Test Suite message instead.

Unfortunately, PHP GTK is not packaged in Fedora or Ubuntu, so it's a bitch to get the GUI to work... Sadly building PHP GTK is the only way to get the GUI working... Though the CLI version will run straight-up, of course.
          Michael Larabel

Comment

I am running not fedora12, I run fedora 11 the final release. I know the cli version runs fine, but I want to try the GUI!

I installed also the pts package provided by fedora, the same error if I start it with the GUI parameter. Maybe something with my php gtk installation is wrong? i took the version 2 thing and then ./buildconfig, then ./configure, then make -j3 and (as root) make install.

Thanks!

Comment

Did you add "extension=php_gtk.so" (or whatever the so ends up being named) to your /etc/php5/cli/php.ini ?
              Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                1. We will be working with Unigine Corp to time it appropriately. The worst case scenario is that PTS 2.2.1 will be released with unigine-heaven.

2. I thought before I heard it was within the OpenSuSE Build Service already (well, 2.0 or some earlier version). Bring it up with the OpenSuSE Build Service maintainer for the PTS package to get 2.2 in there.
                thank you for the answers, good news.

Comment

Did you add "extension=php_gtk.so" (or whatever the so ends up being named) to your /etc/php5/cli/php.ini ?
                  No, I did not know that I need to this. I thought a "make install" would be enough. I'll try tomorrow maybe, I don't know which php_gtk.so you mean.
                  Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by bugmenot View Post
                    No, I did not know that I need to this. I thought a "make install" would be enough. I'll try tomorrow maybe, I don't know which php_gtk.so you mean.
                    Thanks.
                    I have just installed PHP GTK on Ubuntu 9.10, and here is how I did it:

1) Install dependencies using Synaptic (php5-cli, php5-dev, libgtk2.0-dev)
                    2) Run the following:
                    Code:
                    su -
                    cd /usr/share/aclocal
                    cat lt~obsolete.m4 ltoptions.m4 ltsugar.m4 ltversion.m4 >> libtool.m4
                    3) Download the PHP GTK v2.0.1 source tar
                    4) Start Terminal in the extracted location
                    5) Run ./buildconf then ./configure then make then sudo make install
                    6) Add the following line to /etc/php5/conf.d/php_gtk2.ini
                    Code:
                    extension=php_gtk2.so
                    If you are on Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit, you'll probably be able to skip steps 3-5 by doing the following
                    If you're on Ubuntu 64-bit, you can add http://phoronix-test-suite.com/misc/....1-0_amd64.deb
                    Last edited by tronath; 04 November 2009, 11:02 AM. Reason: Added some more info

Comment

Working...
                    X