KDE and Phoronix Test Suite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE and Phoronix Test Suite

I follow all the hardware tests made on phoronix and find those really interesting. It's really interesting to buy a peripheral that has been tested - this info is very useful that is why I like your site and read it every day

I have just a remark concerning graphic card tests
    I use Kubuntu as main distro but I don't find a lot of info concerning kde performances in your tests ... In your graphic card reviews you make reference to your test suite using gtk perf... But Is there some part of your test suite that take care of QT performance ? For those of us that don't use gnome but KDE ?
    I see you use gtkperf .. Isn't there some tests that are comparable using KDE QT that could be put in the test suite ?
    And If I use Gnome programs in KDE are the qt performance altered or not ?
    Those kind of tests could be interesting when making test of Graphic cards ...

Kind regards

Isn't there some tests that are comparable using KDE QT that could be put in the test suite?
    Seconded. Although, I'm not entirely sure that anything substantial currently exists. The program would need to be written by someone. I believe Michael is very busy at the moment.

The online documentation contains this brief reference to write your own benchmark: Chapter 5: Writing a Benchmark. There's nothing much of use in there for a primitive graphics-related benchmark. Plus there's another issue at hand, what rendering engine should be tested? Qt is capable of utilising multiple backends: the native renderer (XRender), Raster and OpenGL. See here: Qt Labs Blogs ? So Long and Thanks for the Blit! I suppose all three engines could be tested in order to provide a comprehensive comparison. The basic SVG rendering test performed is described in detail here: QSvgRenderer Class Reference.

Hopefully someone else is of more help than I was.

Comment

Isn't there some tests that are comparable using KDE QT that could be put in the test suite?
      Seconded. Although, I'm not entirely sure that anything substantial currently exists. The program would need to be written by someone. I believe Michael is very busy at the moment.

The online documentation contains this brief reference to write your own benchmark: Chapter 5: Writing a Benchmark. There's nothing much of use in there for a primitive graphics-related benchmark. Plus there's another issue at hand, what rendering engine should be tested? Qt is capable of utilising multiple backends: the native renderer (XRender), Raster and OpenGL. See here: Qt Labs Blogs ? So Long and Thanks for the Blit! I suppose all three engines could be tested in order to provide a comprehensive comparison. The basic SVG rendering test performed in the above link is described in detail here: SVG Viewer Example, QtSvg Module w/ Class References and bubbles.svg Example File.

Comment

PTS has QGears2 in it, which uses Qt4.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
        X