Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running PTS at RISC-V based machine (Nehza SBC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running PTS at RISC-V based machine (Nehza SBC)

Hey guys,

I'm trying to run some tests from PTS at Nezha Allwinner D1 board which is a RISC-V base board. I wondering how can I install PTS tests without compiling them at the Nezha board. I didn't find any clear and easy way to do that. It is important not to compile those tests at the SBC because it has only ONE 1GHz core and 1GB of RAM. My goal in all of this is to make a comparison of the Nezha and RPI3a+ boards using PTS.

I was trying to solve this problem by myself, but the only workaround I discovered is to download and install the PTS test at RISC-V QEMU and copy the respective test to the board rootfs, but also with that a have some problems.

There unfortunately isn't any easy way short of building on the device itself or manually copying files over, etc.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Hi Michael,
      full disclousure, Cezary works for 3mdeb and above project is part of his thesis. Cezarus27 please correct me if I'm wrong.

Above request sounds like question about cross-compilation. I assume this may be problematic due to huge number of dependencies PTS use and making all of them work on target architectures. So, I wonder if meta-pts or other Yocto receipe exist. I quickly found this. Adding PTS to Yocto and maintaining meta should largely simplify embedded targets benchmarking. I don't know how big is the project, but aparently it was interesteding to LG in 2019.

To be honest it would be very interesting project to get a grant for or look for community support, or maybe even something that could be interested to Phoronix customers.
      twitter | linkedin

Comment

Michael pietrushnic I don't know if it is even possible, but it sounds interesting if pts tests would be compiled during Yocto build. Maybe not all of them, but some of them eg. openssl test.

Comment

Working...
        X