Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which are the main benchmark for test CPU-RAM-GPU-Disk speed ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which are the main benchmark for test CPU-RAM-GPU-Disk speed ?

Thanks very much for read that topic.
    I am new in Phoronix Test Suite.
    Seeing details information about ubuntu nvidia driver had an link to help the ppa driver downloading Phoronix Suite.
    Thus I had downloaded, but I see some details doing an long time to choice which corrects test to choice.

I want known which are the good main tests to benchmark :
    - CPU interger and floating point.
    - RAM speed.
    - GPU OpenGL and Vulkan.
    - Disk written and read.

The test list is big.

I have another question
    I have downloaded some tests that was downloaded the test files for both Linux and Windows
    Example
    GpuTest_Linux_x64_0.7.0
    GpuTest_Windows_x64_0.7.0

If I use Linux because are downloaded files for both OS ? The windows file inside are dll and exe not being compatible with Linux.
    Is required both files ? Is possible install an test not having the windows version ?

Thanks very much for reply.

Not any information ?
    Where get information about which are the main benchmarks for install in PTS ?

Comment

Take a look at any Phoronix.com review for CPU / RAM / GPU for getting an idea of interesting benchmarks for a given type of component. With there being hundreds of different benchmarks in total to span many different use-cases, short of the user being interested in a particular program/workload from the start, there isn't much formal guidance as it largely depends upon many factors. But if looking at Phoronix.com reviews they tend to feature the benchmarks I find most useful for a given type of product/category of the review.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I have the same kind of question. I just want a quick CPU/GPU and RAM test, not taking to long just to compare some Computers. On the benchmark section there are so many possibilities I just don't know what to choose.

And I can't find any useful information on the website.

Comment

Hi guys,
          I agree its not clear what the best test are to run!

three ways

1. look at a recent review of an OS/hardware/etc and see what tests were used

2. on this page sort all tests by popularity
          https://openbenchmarking.org/tests

3. this command lists some "recommended" tests although not sure I agree with the listed recommendations
          phoronix-test-suite list-recommended-tests

Comment

Working...
          X