Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which are the main benchmark for test CPU-RAM-GPU-Disk speed ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which are the main benchmark for test CPU-RAM-GPU-Disk speed ?

Thanks very much for read that topic.
    I am new in Phoronix Test Suite.
    Seeing details information about ubuntu nvidia driver had an link to help the ppa driver downloading Phoronix Suite.
    Thus I had downloaded, but I see some details doing an long time to choice which corrects test to choice.

I want known which are the good main tests to benchmark :
    - CPU interger and floating point.
    - RAM speed.
    - GPU OpenGL and Vulkan.
    - Disk written and read.

The test list is big.

I have another question
    I have downloaded some tests that was downloaded the test files for both Linux and Windows
    Example
    GpuTest_Linux_x64_0.7.0
    GpuTest_Windows_x64_0.7.0

If I use Linux because are downloaded files for both OS ? The windows file inside are dll and exe not being compatible with Linux.
    Is required both files ? Is possible install an test not having the windows version ?

Thanks very much for reply.

Not any information ?
    Where get information about which are the main benchmarks for install in PTS ?

Comment

Take a look at any Phoronix.com review for CPU / RAM / GPU for getting an idea of interesting benchmarks for a given type of component. With there being hundreds of different benchmarks in total to span many different use-cases, short of the user being interested in a particular program/workload from the start, there isn't much formal guidance as it largely depends upon many factors. But if looking at Phoronix.com reviews they tend to feature the benchmarks I find most useful for a given type of product/category of the review.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I have the same kind of question. I just want a quick CPU/GPU and RAM test, not taking to long just to compare some Computers. On the benchmark section there are so many possibilities I just don't know what to choose.

And I can't find any useful information on the website.

Comment

Hi guys,
          I agree its not clear what the best test are to run!

three ways

1. look at a recent review of an OS/hardware/etc and see what tests were used

2. on this page sort all tests by popularity
          OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

3. this command lists some "recommended" tests although not sure I agree with the listed recommendations
          phoronix-test-suite list-recommended-tests

Comment

Working...
          X