Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Compilebench fails to run from Shell when other Benchmarks seem to run perfectly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compilebench fails to run from Shell when other Benchmarks seem to run perfectly

Hello,

recently I'm trying to run some benchmarks from within a shell script using batch-mode. They run in a loop for 10 times and the result files get copied to a directory I can access more conveniently (using the environmental variable COPY_TEST_RUN_LOGS_TO). Everything seems to work fine for the ctx-clock and the hackbench benchmarks, I can see their test results showing up in the directory. But there are no results for the compilebench benchmark. I can however run compilebench from command line. What is the issue here? I'm running the benchmarks right after boot. Maybe some dependencies that compilebench needs did not load yet?
    Did anyone experience a similar problem?

I still have the same problem.
    The weird thing is that I tried replacing compilebench with other benchmarks to see if I could run them. Now I have a loop that runs hackbench, ctx-clock, ipc-benchmark and osbench. What makes it even weirder is that now hackbench does not run anymore (even after perfectly running in the previous constellation with compilebench). At least the results don't show up. It does make a difference in which order they run too. When I switch it up and ctx-clock, osbench, ipc-benchmark, hackbench is the new order in which they are executed then ipc-benchmark stops working too. I don't get it.

Comment

When I have two processes. One is trying to run hackbench from inside the loop in a shell script with this benchmark order which I described above. The other is my current shell in which I invoke hackbench via command line. Then doing it in parallel via command line works but via the shell script not? This means it's not the system state that poses a problem.

Comment

Does it show anything useful if running the tests under `phoronix-test-suite debug-run ...` ?
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I ran `phoronix-test-suite debug-benchmark .. ` because I could not find the debug-run command in the documentation. But it does not give me anything. Is the debug information stored somewhere different than in the result files? I can not find it in the results files nor when I redirect 2>> errorlog.txt or just >> log.txt (both empty). The result files only show the benchmark result. This time only ctx-clock ran. When I try `phoronix-test-suite list-test-errors` it does not show me anything either.

Comment

Hmmm odd
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I switched it back to batch-run and added compilebench to the list. Then it miracuously started working.
              I really don't know why though. The only thing I did was to try run it with debug-benchmark inbetween.

Comment

Working...
              X