Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[10.8.2] Cannot accesss to test schedules in phoromatic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [10.8.2] Cannot accesss to test schedules in phoromatic.

Hi,

After upgrading from 10.6.1 to 10.8.2, I cannot access to my test schedules anymore.

To reproduce:
    - Access to /?schedules,
    - click on one of your tests (ex: /?schedules/944),
    - the web page will timeout.

After this, none of phoromatic web page will work, everything will timeout; I have to restart phoromatic-server to make it work.

I have absolutely no log in phoromatic and php logs, nothing in the browser console either.

Anyone having the same issue ?

My setup: Debian 10, PHP 7.3.31.

Did you recently create some new schedule or some major change prior to that? It's working on my end and haven't heard of any other reports. If you go back to 10.6.1 does it load fine? (If so are you able to bisect the commit?)
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      Did you recently create some new schedule or some major change prior to that? It's working on my end and haven't heard of any other reports. If you go back to 10.6.1 does it load fine? (If so are you able to bisect the commit?)
      No change on my end/setup since mid November.

I rollbacked to 10.6.1 and it's now working again.
      I tried 10.8.0 and 10.8.1, same issue than 10.8.2.

Also, I'm having the same issue if I create a whole new test schedule.

I'm currently trying to find more information.

#

Rollbacking phoromatic_schedules.php with 10.6.1 version seems to work for my new empty test schedule (blank part in the web page for my "old" ones).
      Last edited by astmdef; 24 February 2022, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Michael I think I found the issue (thanks to strace) : the /schedule page is trying to reach https://openbenchmarking.org (192.211.48.82) inside the webpage, despite having NoInternetCommunication set to True in my configuration file.

As my server don't have any internet access, the access to 192.211.48.82:443 is going on a timeout.

When I force 192.211.48.82:443 to be rejected directly on my server, I can see the php trying a few time, then giving up, which allow me to access the /schedule web page correctly.

Comment

It seems like I'm having the same issue when I want to compare two results using the /result web page, but this time the php want to access to openbenchmarking.org:80 .
          Unfortunately the php is looping indefinitely this time, the REJECT is not doing the trick.

I feel like NoInternetCommunication set to TRUE is not respected anymore starting with 10.8.0.

Comment

Originally posted by astmdef View Post
            It seems like I'm having the same issue when I want to compare two results using the /result web page, but this time the php want to access to openbenchmarking.org:80 .
            Unfortunately the php is looping indefinitely this time, the REJECT is not doing the trick.

I feel like NoInternetCommunication set to TRUE is not respected anymore starting with 10.8.0.
            Thanks, at least a point to start from... Didn't make any direct NoInternetCommunication change with 10.8, but at least gives some ideas. Will try taking a look in a few days when finding the time or if you find any other details before then please post.
            Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              Thanks, at least a point to start from... Didn't make any direct NoInternetCommunication change with 10.8, but at least gives some ideas. Will try taking a look in a few days when finding the time or if you find any other details before then please post.
              I do have another information (which I miss before), with my dirty "fix" (forcing packets to openbenchmarking.org being REJECT) I have the following message in the web page :
              Code:
              Failed To Fetch OpenBenchmarking.org Repository Data: windows. If this issue persists, file an issue @ https://github.com/phoronix-test-suite/phoronix-test-suite/issues
              Please note that I did used both openbenchmarking-refresh and make-openbenchmarking-cache on my phoronix server (with Internet Connection enabled) before posting this issue.

I will edit this post if I found other information.
              Last edited by astmdef; 25 February 2022, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by astmdef View Post

I do have another information (which I miss before), with my dirty "fix" (forcing packets to openbenchmarking.org being REJECT) I have the following message in the web page :
                Code:
                Failed To Fetch OpenBenchmarking.org Repository Data: windows. If this issue persists, file an issue @ https://github.com/phoronix-test-suite/phoronix-test-suite/issues
                Please note that I did used both openbenchmarking-refresh and make-openbenchmarking-cache on my phoronix server (with Internet Connection enabled) before posting this issue.

I will edit this post if I found other information.
                No luck on my side being able to reproduce this issue / seeing how requests would be happening if you did indeed disable NoInternetConnection.
                Michael Larabel

Comment

Thanks for trying and letting me know, I will try to find my issue once I have time to get back to it.

It's really weird.

Comment

Working...
                  X