No announcement yet.

What Does Linux Benchmarking Look Like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Does Linux Benchmarking Look Like?

Phoronix: What Does Linux Benchmarking Look Like?

What does benchmarking a Dell Inspiron Mini 9, a Radeon HD 4890 graphics card with Intel Core i7, and dual quad-core AMD Opterons look like? Well, if the systems are running Linux, BSD, OpenSolaris, or Mac OS X, it can look like this: Do you see any of those systems out in the lemon grove? Nope. As was shared earlier this month, with Phoronix Test Suite 2.0 (a.k.a...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice pictures Hope you had fun with whatever you were doing there.

Comment

Have fun in Italy Michael

Comment

Couldn't help but think that that game has some awesome graphics!

Comment

Wow, I have a new love for Linux Benchmarking!!!

Hope you're enjoying your trip Michael!

Comment

Looks nice, hopefully you don't forget the issues i found with PTS lately.

a) vdrift preconfig - shader = false

in order to benchmark fglrx drivers which lockup if shaders are used. Still waiting to see a fixed fglrx driver as it sucks when you run a suite and then the system locks up. Nothing else you expect from ATI cards, do you

b) More depends:

b1) byte -> time package (check /usr/bin/time)

b2) build-imagemagick -> minimum libperl-dev

c) Some checks for invalid benchmarks (highly required!)

c1) check size of time files used for compression -> leads to wrong results for example with 7zip compression when hd is full.

c2) Check error level after make for compile benchmark - currently bad builds are of course faster than correct ones - just like that
            build-imagemagick bench which could not link against perl and is of course faster that way.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
              Have fun in Italy Michael
              That's Naples, probably one of the islands, Ischia is my bet. Am I right?

Comment

Originally posted by bugmenot View Post
                That's Naples, probably one of the islands, Ischia is my bet. Am I right?
                Close, but not quite. The lemon grove and one of the pictures is from Sorrento and the island pics are of Capri.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                X