CSGO test won't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSGO test won't work

Hello, I just tried running the CSGO 1.6.1 test on Garuda with mesa-git drivers installed and the test won't run if Steam is open. If Steam is closed it will simply launch the game but the benchmark doesn't run. Is there anything I can do to make the test work or should I simply wait for an update?

Hi, Garuda here as well, just tested pts/csgo 1.6.1 and it seems to run OK. Probably your issue is difficult to figure out.

First thing I normally do is a debug run, exactly what I did before replying to your post:

Code:
    phoronix-test-suite debug-run pts/csgo

I don't know the solution to your problem, but here are some problems I've had in the past on "vanilla" Garuda (newly installed Garuda) and CSGO benchmark:

1 - The debug run was giving me the following error:

Code:
    Error: [ALSOFT] (EE) Failed to set real-time priority for thread: Operation not permitted (1)
    One of the binaries was trying to set priorities for a game thread. I followed the "fix" here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...hread#10705753

2 - In vanilla Garuda I had to add -nojoy to launch options, to run CS:GO normally. For PTS that is on file ~/.phoronix-test-suite/test-profiles/pts/csgo-1.6.1/test-definition.xml
    There are the launch options for the test, and I added -nojoy (no joystick) to them as well:

<Arguments>+cl_showfps 1 +timedemoquit pts10 -novid -fullscreen -nojoy</Arguments>

Comment

Working...
    X