Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troubleshooting Dawn of War III benchmark run

Hi,
    Since Dow3 was on huge discount this week I decided to give it a try and also try to see if the benchmark still works.
    I had the same issues as with Company of Heroes 2, meaning that the game only runs on Steam runtime compatibility layer.
    I tried to do as if this was a Proton game, meaning that I went to the test script ("dow3" under ~/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/pts/dow3-1.0.1/) and commented out

Code:
    # ./DawnOfWar3.sh
    and used instead

Code:
    HOME=$DEBUG_REAL_HOME steam -applaunch 285190
    With that, it is possible to run the test, but it is really annoying. There are two possibilities:
    - If not logged in to Steam: The PTS will wait for the PID of Steam, meaning the test will not continue after the game is finished, only will continue after we have exited steam. This means that I need to exit Steam for each run and log in another three times. Good thing is I can get test results.
    - If already logged in to Steam: The PTS will not wait for the game to start, so it will run the game 4 times in sequence (1 test run + 3 runs) and only the 1 test run will succeed.
Working...
X