Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Big Buck Bunny" video won't download

Hello everyone.

Trying to complete the H.264 video playback test. All dependencies install correctly, except for big_buck_bunny_1080p_h264.mov, which appears to time out. Can I find the video file at some alternate location? If so, where? And if I'm able to download the video manually, where does Phoronix Test Suite store its assets and other such data? In other words, if I find the "Big Buck Bunny" video, where do I place it in my file system so that the program behaves as if it had downloaded the video itself?

Thanks for any help!

You can Google that filename and find it elsewhere. Then just drop it in ~/.phoronix-test-suite/download-cache/
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      You can Google that filename and find it elsewhere. Then just drop it in ~/.phoronix-test-suite/download-cache/
      Thank you!

I've tried to run several other tests/benchmarks with limited success, For instance, I thought PTS was supposed to download necessary dependencies, but running the FLAC audio encoding benchmark returns an error that the .ogg encoder wasn't installed. Is this something I have to install manually? If so, is there a way to predict/plan for these manual dependency installs ahead of time?

Comment

Originally posted by QuesterLEJ View Post

Thank you!

I've tried to run several other tests/benchmarks with limited success, For instance, I thought PTS was supposed to download necessary dependencies, but running the FLAC audio encoding benchmark returns an error that the .ogg encoder wasn't installed. Is this something I have to install manually? If so, is there a way to predict/plan for these manual dependency installs ahead of time?
        PTS does handle most/all dependencies depending upon your operating system configuration and a variety of other factors while occassionally a test has an unhandled dependency / bug. In the case of encode-flac, sounds like that is just missing a check to auto install ogg when needed but will verify that.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
        X