Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick, overall system performance suite?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mendieta
    started a topic Quick, overall system performance suite?

Quick, overall system performance suite?

Hi

I am getting a new computer soon, and of course I am drooling about overclocking and stuff ;-)

Long story short, I installed PTS in my old machine to start playing. I think the easy access to global and how you can make comparisons with online results is incredibly cool and useful.

What I found lacking is in usability for someone who wants a quick test. Anyone used geekbench? It is a pleasure. Click, download, run, and you get a score for your machine. And you get in a minute or two in a slow machine. Granted, it is lacking disk and graphics performance, but I think we could use something like this. I have some ideas, and I am planning to post in the sticky thread for this forum (PTS). But I wonder if such a quick and to the point suite already exists? I saw a bunch of "sys performance" suites, but they involve 100Mb or more of downloads, and many dozen minutes of runtime. Am I missing something?

Thanks so much Michael and all for the great work!

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by ashvi View Post

i installed pts using sudo apt-get install phoronix-test-suite

then i tried to list all available suites...but this is the error i get Failed to find ZIP support for extracting file: /home/f2f2/.phoronix-test-suite/openbenchmarking.org/pts/desktop-graphics-1.1.0.zip. Install PHP ZIP support or the unzip utility.
    As it said in the message, install unzip. E.g. sudo apt install unzip

Though FYI if you are installing PTS via apt-get with Ubuntu, you are getting a VERY OUTDATED VERSION of PTS. Download PTS from phoronix-test-suite.com or github.com/phoronix-test-suite

Leave a comment:

• ashvi
    replied

i installed pts using sudo apt-get install phoronix-test-suite

then i tried to list all available suites...but this is the error i get Failed to find ZIP support for extracting file: /home/f2f2/.phoronix-test-suite/openbenchmarking.org/pts/desktop-graphics-1.1.0.zip. Install PHP ZIP support or the unzip utility.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Clearly you don't have neither 2018-06-28-1505 2018-06-28-1502 on that system, see:

Recently Saved Test Results:
    - 2018-07-03-1216 [Today]
    - j1 [Today]
    - g7 [Today]
    - merge-1711 [Today]
    - merge-5059 [Today]

Leave a comment:

• ashvi
    replied
    [email protected] ~ $ phoronix-test-suite merge-results 2018-06-28-1505 2018-06-28-1502

[PROBLEM] Invalid Argument: 2018-06-28-1505 2018-06-28-1502

CORRECT SYNTAX:
    phoronix-test-suite merge-results [Test Result] ...

- j1 [Today]
    - g7 [email protected] ~ $ phoronix-test-suite merge-results 2018-06-28-1505 2018-06-28-1502

[PROBLEM] Invalid Argument: 2018-06-28-1505 2018-06-28-1502

CORRECT SYNTAX:
    phoronix-test-suite merge-results [Test Result] ...

- j1 [Today]
    - g7 [Today]
    - merge-1711 [Today]
    - merge-5059 [Today]

[Today]
    - merge-1711 [Today]
    - merge-5059 [Today]

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Without posting the full output of the command you are running and the output with whatever error is shown, it's impossible to the debug the situation.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied

Using phoronix-test-suite merge-resuts or phoronix-test-suite analyze-all-runs option...we can merge and analyze two results saved in the same machine...
    My query is,I want to compare results saved in different machine..It is possible? Please help me with that..
    You would need to transfer one of the results to the other system via email/FTP/etc or upload both sets of data to OpenBenchmarking.org via upload-results and then compare the results from the web interface.

Leave a comment:

• ashvi
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post

Without posting the full output of the command you are running and the output with whatever error is shown, it's impossible to the debug the situation.
    Using phoronix-test-suite merge-resuts or phoronix-test-suite analyze-all-runs option...we can merge and analyze two results saved in the same machine...
    My query is,I want to compare results saved in different machine..It is possible? Please help me with that..

Leave a comment:

• ashvi
    replied
    using merge-resuts or analyze-all-runs option...we can merge and analyze two results saved in the same machine...

Leave a comment:

• ashvi
    replied
    [email protected] ~ $ phoronix-test-suite list-saved-results

Phoronix Test Suite v7.0.0
    10 Saved Results

Saved Name: ash Title: ash
    - ashvi

Saved Name: d2test Title: d2test
    - d2suite

Saved Name: d2try Title: d2try
    - d2tryy

Saved Name: dgh Title: dgh
    - dfn

Saved Name: dsfh Title: dsfh
    - s GT

Saved Name: merge-4588 Title: dsfh
    - s GT
    - try88

Saved Name: merge-5059 Title: try6
    - try88
    - d2tryy

Saved Name: new-try Title: new try
    - newtryy

Saved Name: triald2 Title: TRIALD2
    - D2TRIALL

Saved Name: try6 Title: try6
    - try88

this is the output from my machine

but I want to merge an output from another machine trial3 with the output of this machine

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    I type merge-results,and the give one test result from machine A and one test result from machine B.It throws error shows the results saved in my machine A alone.Please help me find a solution

Leave a comment:

Working...
X