Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick, overall system performance suite?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clearly you don't have neither 2018-06-28-1505 2018-06-28-1502 on that system, see:

Recently Saved Test Results:
    - 2018-07-03-1216 [Today]
    - j1 [Today]
    - g7 [Today]
    - merge-1711 [Today]
    - merge-5059 [Today]
    Michael Larabel
    http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

i installed pts using sudo apt-get install phoronix-test-suite

then i tried to list all available suites...but this is the error i get Failed to find ZIP support for extracting file: /home/f2f2/.phoronix-test-suite/openbenchmarking.org/pts/desktop-graphics-1.1.0.zip. Install PHP ZIP support or the unzip utility.

Comment

Originally posted by ashvi View Post

i installed pts using sudo apt-get install phoronix-test-suite

then i tried to list all available suites...but this is the error i get Failed to find ZIP support for extracting file: /home/f2f2/.phoronix-test-suite/openbenchmarking.org/pts/desktop-graphics-1.1.0.zip. Install PHP ZIP support or the unzip utility.
        As it said in the message, install unzip. E.g. sudo apt install unzip

Though FYI if you are installing PTS via apt-get with Ubuntu, you are getting a VERY OUTDATED VERSION of PTS. Download PTS from phoronix-test-suite.com or github.com/phoronix-test-suite
        Michael Larabel
        http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          Stickied.

One thing that would be nice is for the selected tests to work on Linux, Mac OS X, OpenSolaris, and ideally BSD too.

- Super-Pi. I am not too fond of super-pi. Additionally, the license of super-pi is not clear and it's binary-only. Maybe scimark2 or something similar? Check out the computational suite.

- bonnie disappeared due to a parsing bug I haven't gotten around to fixing. IOzone really isn't accurate though unless the tested size is greater than the system memory size, which ends up needing options or to use some very large size default. As a result, maybe a compression test might end up working better.

gtkperf is good. Or maybe qgears2.
          What I found lacking is in usability for someone who wants a quick test. Anyone used geekbench? It is a pleasure. Click, download, run, and you get a score for your machine. And you get in a minute or two in a slow machine. Granted, it is lacking disk and graphics performance, but I think we could use something like this. I have some ideas, and I am planning to post in the sticky thread for this forum (PTS). But I wonder if such a quick and to the point suite already exists? I saw a bunch of "sys performance" suites, but they involve 100Mb or more of downloads, and many dozen minutes of runtime. Am I missing something?

Comment

Working...
          X