X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apopas
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    I can send the logo to anyone that wants to upload it to Wikipedia.
    Send me if you want.

Leave a comment:

• Apopas
    replied
    First, PTS needs translations. Submite a *po file and the suite will be translate in every language in a matter of hours.
    The "Subsystem" menu should be independent, no under "View", to be easier like that to choose the filters. Also, the subsystem filters should stay. It's irritating to unselect them evry time you install a test.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by Dark_Star View Post
    Why you guys have no yet uploaded the logo in wiki or in any phoronix website ?
    I can send the logo to anyone that wants to upload it to Wikipedia.

Leave a comment:

• AdrenalineJunky
    replied
    Originally posted by b15hop View Post
    I'm using Arch linux, it would be good if there would be a simple package to download strait from arch linux repository using pacman. Pacman is arch linux package manager like apt-get, downloads and installs stuff. ie:

Code:
     pacman -Sy pts
    ..would sync the latest downloads and download pts with all it's dependancies. Only thing I notice is that pts, has optional dependancies that might cross conflict with pacman. I don't know how that could be resolved. One of the arch dev's might be able to solve this?
    its already in community - package name phoronix-test-suite, currently at version 1.8

Leave a comment:

• Dark_Star
    replied
    Why you guys have no yet uploaded the logo in wiki or in any phoronix website ?

Leave a comment:

• b15hop
    replied
    I'm using Arch linux, it would be good if there would be a simple package to download strait from arch linux repository using pacman. Pacman is arch linux package manager like apt-get, downloads and installs stuff. ie:

Code:
     pacman -Sy pts
    ..would sync the latest downloads and download pts with all it's dependancies. Only thing I notice is that pts, has optional dependancies that might cross conflict with pacman. I don't know how that could be resolved. One of the arch dev's might be able to solve this?

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by Rainer K?nig View Post
    Michael,

being a new user of the PTS and testing it actually I would like to contribute to the documentation. How is the maintanance of the documentation organized? Is there a sort of WikiBook that holds the documents?

Regards
    Rainer
    Right now there is not too much documentation. When downloading the phoronix-test-suite, what you see in the documentation/ folder or on http://www.phoronix-test-suite.com/

Any help on the documentation would most certainly be appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

Leave a comment:

• Rainer K?nig
    replied
    Michael,

being a new user of the PTS and testing it actually I would like to contribute to the documentation. How is the maintanance of the documentation organized? Is there a sort of WikiBook that holds the documents?

Regards
    Rainer

Leave a comment:

• stiiixy
    replied
    Could we also use torrent for hosting? This could work, especially if we had dedicated hosts etc, which I am more than happy to do on my sthuper massive 200kb upload I'm just about ready to set up a new hosting server (wish I had some discs for my Sun V880 DAMNIT!...anybody?) for such things.

Leave a comment:

• WSmart
    replied
    I vote for a community option on the bandwidth, deb torrent and also physical DVD's via mail which the community could mail out. I like the idea of using a contribution share ratio. That way members could get credit for activities like mailing a DVD, or programing, or whatever, same as if they contributed money. Maybe we could charge $5 a bucks a DVD, for the cause, too. But I guess if you're rolling in cash it really doesn't matter, not saying you are-I don't know. Would be cool from a community point of view to see what the expenses are and where the money's coming from and how the expenses relate to the community size in terms of a ratio, 1x. I have projects I love but I don't stay involved and it's largely because I don't really know where anything is. One of the most important things a leader does is keep the team on page. If you have a lot of people that aren't sure what's going on, that's not good. You want to leave the door open. I like the idea of a share ratio because it's a starting point for doing something as opposed to nothing, which I could contribute $10 bucks or $10,000, for example, and I might as well have done nothing because there's no context. But....that's my $0.02......good grief.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X