For Those Looking To Help Out With PTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael,

being a new user of the PTS and testing it actually I would like to contribute to the documentation. How is the maintanance of the documentation organized? Is there a sort of WikiBook that holds the documents?

Regards
    Rainer

Comment

Originally posted by Rainer K?nig View Post
      Michael,

being a new user of the PTS and testing it actually I would like to contribute to the documentation. How is the maintanance of the documentation organized? Is there a sort of WikiBook that holds the documents?

Regards
      Rainer
      Right now there is not too much documentation. When downloading the phoronix-test-suite, what you see in the documentation/ folder or on http://www.phoronix-test-suite.com/

Any help on the documentation would most certainly be appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I'm using Arch linux, it would be good if there would be a simple package to download strait from arch linux repository using pacman. Pacman is arch linux package manager like apt-get, downloads and installs stuff. ie:

Code:
         pacman -Sy pts
        ..would sync the latest downloads and download pts with all it's dependancies. Only thing I notice is that pts, has optional dependancies that might cross conflict with pacman. I don't know how that could be resolved. One of the arch dev's might be able to solve this?

Comment

Why you guys have no yet uploaded the logo in wiki or in any phoronix website ?

Comment

Originally posted by b15hop View Post
            I'm using Arch linux, it would be good if there would be a simple package to download strait from arch linux repository using pacman. Pacman is arch linux package manager like apt-get, downloads and installs stuff. ie:

Code:
             pacman -Sy pts
            ..would sync the latest downloads and download pts with all it's dependancies. Only thing I notice is that pts, has optional dependancies that might cross conflict with pacman. I don't know how that could be resolved. One of the arch dev's might be able to solve this?
            its already in community - package name phoronix-test-suite, currently at version 1.8

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Star View Post
              Why you guys have no yet uploaded the logo in wiki or in any phoronix website ?
              I can send the logo to anyone that wants to upload it to Wikipedia.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

First, PTS needs translations. Submite a *po file and the suite will be translate in every language in a matter of hours.
                The "Subsystem" menu should be independent, no under "View", to be easier like that to choose the filters. Also, the subsystem filters should stay. It's irritating to unselect them evry time you install a test.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  I can send the logo to anyone that wants to upload it to Wikipedia.
                  Send me if you want.

Comment

^^get it from

Code:
                     /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/static

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Star View Post
                      ^^get it from

Code:
                       /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/static
                      Shit, I thought the accounts of wikipedia were common across every language, but they are not. Thus I have the permission to upload images in el.wikipedia.org but not in the english version.

Edited Ok done.
                      Last edited by Apopas; 01 October 2009, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X