No announcement yet.

Inst PTS in Arch linux 64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does enabling open_basedir for certain files/folders do? Are there cons to me commenting it out?

Comment

Originally posted by GreatWalrus View Post
      What does enabling open_basedir for certain files/folders do? Are there cons to me commenting it out?
      i'd also like to know if this has any undesired side effects.

by the way thanks alot for posting that information on how to get pts working in arch. it helped me alot.

Comment

The Super-pi tests are 32 bit based. Even when allowing php the necessary access I have errors with Super-pi. Hopefull Archlinux will provide a 32bit GlibC file soon.

I have the same issue on a recent F11 x64 also. Same issue with the 32 bit GlibC not readily available in the standard repositories.

On the positive note most of the other tests work well.

I had this issue a few months ago. Mike and some of the other great guys here on the board helped me fix it. When I was able to install the GlibC 32 bit version it fixed most of the odd compile errors. SQLite still never worked, but it's only one test.

GlibC 32 bit won't help with the unable to download issue though. The Walkthru in this thread DOES!
        Last edited by Jaguar07; 23 July 2009, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Awesome info, works great!!!!

Originally posted by GreatWalrus View Post
          Ah, thanks Michael. I got /usr/bin/phoronix-test-suite to work by doing the following:

1. yaourt -S phoronix-test-suite (or use install-sh from the source download)
          2. Add 'time' to depends (in the PKGBUILD), or install it from extra (pacman -Sy time)
          3. As root, edit /etc/php/php.ini
            • Uncomment following extensions:
              extension=gd.so
              extension=posix.so
              extension=curl.so
            • Add phoronix-test-suite path to open_basedir
              example: open_basedir = /srv/http/:/home/:/tmp/:/usr/share/pear/:/usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/
            • Allow file uploads
              allow_url_fopen = On
              file_uploads = On
              allow_url_include = On

4. When installing test suites keep an eye out for other deps pts cannot install by itself
          5. Make a pts global account and upload results

Source: http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=515816

Edit: Ok, well I still had problems with the open_basedir line in the above. I just decided to comment the open_basedir and not use it. You can avoid doing this by following your /var/log/user.log and seeing which files need to be added to your open_basedir. For me, it was such files as /usr/bin/gcc, /usr/bin/wget, /etc/release, and /proc/dri/0/name. That was too many for me, and I did not know if more would show up and cause problems.
          Add root to your open_basedir. Works for me for Apache-build just fine now. Super-pi needs 32bit bytes to work. I hope Archlinux will have a 32bit GlibC readily available soon. I was unable to locate one in the default repositories today.

Comment

May 31 23:54:13 abuarch php: PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant IS_WINDOWS - assumed 'IS_WINDOWS' in /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/phoronix-test-suite.php on line 40
            May 31 23:56:47 abuarch php: PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant IS_WINDOWS - assumed 'IS_WINDOWS' in /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/phoronix-test-suite.php on line 40

Comment

Working...
            X