Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems Installing sysbench in Phoronix-test-suite

Hello,
    I am having trouble installing sysbench onto my machine through phoronix. The other tests work except for this one. When I run it it tells me that I am missing dependencies as seen bellow:

"continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/objects/pts_Graph/pts_graph_core.php:211

[NOTICE] "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in pts_test_installer:249

[NOTICE] "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in pts_test_installer:282

[NOTICE] "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in pts_test_installer:332

The following dependencies are needed and will be installed:

- libtool

This process may take several minutes.
    /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/external-test-dependencies/scripts/install-ubuntu-packages.sh: 24: /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/external-test-dependencies/scripts/install-ubuntu-packages.sh: --: not found
    Reading package lists...
    Building dependency tree...
    Reading state information...
    libtool is already the newest version (2.4.6-9).
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 81 not upgraded.

There are dependencies still missing from the system:
    - Libtool

1: Ignore missing dependencies and proceed with installation.
    2: Skip installing the tests with missing dependencies.
    3: Re-attempt to install the missing dependencies.
    4: Quit the current Phoronix Test Suite process.
    Missing dependencies action:

I enter 3 for the system to try and install this dependency and it begins but then it tells me that "The installer exited with a non-zero exit status." as seen bellow:

Missing dependencies action: 3

The following dependencies are needed and will be installed:

- libtool

This process may take several minutes.
    /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/external-test-dependencies/scripts/install-ubuntu-packages.sh: 24: /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/external-test-dependencies/scripts/install-ubuntu-packages.sh: --: not found
    Reading package lists...
    Building dependency tree...
    Reading state information...
    libtool is already the newest version (2.4.6-9).
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 81 not upgraded.

Phoronix Test Suite v7.8.0

To Install: pts/sysbench-1.0.0

Determining File Requirements .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .
    Searching Download Caches .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .....

1 Test To Install
    45MB Of Disk Space Is Needed

pts/sysbench-1.0.0:
    Test Installation 1 of 1
    1 File Needed [2.14 MB / 1 Minute]
    File Found: sysbench-20180728.zip [2.14MB]
    Installation Size: 45 MB
    Installing Test @ 20:55:03
    The installer exited with a non-zero exit status.
    ERROR: make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
    LOG: /var/lib/phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/pts/sysbench-1.0.0/install-failed.log

[PROBLEM] pts/sysbench-1.0.0 is not installed.

[PROBLEM] You must enter at least one test, suite, or result identifier to run.

I am not sure what is happening here because I have tried "install-depdencenies" and it tells me that I already have the newest version of libtool. If anyone has had the same problem or something similar please help it will be greatly appreciated!

I am running a debian-based linux Os created by siemens. I am looking to benchmark this machine for future us.

Phoronix Test Suite 7.8 is many years out of date... Try running Phoronix Test Suite 10.2.
    Michael Larabel
    http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I was able to install Phoronix Test Suit 10.2.2 but I am still having issues with my sysbench install.

Evaluating External Test Dependencies .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................

Phoronix Test Suite v10.2.2

To Install: pts/sysbench-1.0.0

Determining File Requirements .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .
      Searching Download Caches .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .....

1 Test To Install
      45MB Of Disk Space Is Needed
      44 Seconds Estimated Install Time

pts/sysbench-1.0.0:
      Test Installation 1 of 1
      1 File Needed [2.14 MB]
      File Found: sysbench-20180728.zip [2.14MB]
      Approximate Install Size: 45 MB
      Estimated Install Time: 44 Seconds
      Installing Test @ 16:20:26
      The installer exited with a non-zero exit status.
      ERROR: make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
      LOG: /var/lib/phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/pts/sysbench-1.0.0/install-failed.log

This is the error that it is telling me and when I go into install-failed.log this is the issue that it tells me:

autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
      autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
      autoreconf: running: aclocal -I m4 --output=aclocal.m4t
      Can't exec "aclocal": No such file or directory at /usr/share/autoconf/Autom4te/FileUtils.pm line 326.
      autoreconf: failed to run aclocal: No such file or directory
      make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

I've looked around a bit on the internet but I cant seems to find a definitive answer.

Comment

Working...
      X